Calg_93GS's worklog (9/22/2012 - Vinyl Wrap)

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Calg_93GS
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Calg_93GS's worklog (4/01/2012 - "DIY voltage stabilizer

Post by Calg_93GS »

WesleyK wrote:
Calg_93GS wrote:
WesleyK wrote:But do you notice any difference ... :P?
with the stabilizer, much more then i did with just the grounding kit. idle is cleaner, power band was noticeably smoother and throttle response was very noticeable. if you aren't afraid to use a soldering iron, this is definitely a mod that i would recommend. as far as it goes for paying the 280+ for the buddy club 2 stabilizer, i would recommend against it, what they don't tell you, is the lifespan of capacitors used in this manner is only around 2-3 years, and as nice as the noticeable differences are, i personally, cant justify the cost.

so in a nut shell... "yes, but build one, don't buy the retail one"
I'm a hardware engineer, so i'm not really afraid to use a soldering iron hehe. But thanks, now i have to make one myself :evil: . I can probably make one for under 20 bucks, so why not :). Yep, these caps don't last that long, but if you use quality caps (105C for example) you should expect something like 5 years lifespan. Thanks for the info!
look forward to seeing your rendition of the stabilizer, but even you have to agree, even with better quality caps, it still doesn't justify the cost of the retail version
Worklog
:: DIY CAI :: DIY Ground kit + Condenser :: Euro Mini Sides :: SE Leather Seats :: Kenwood Headunit w/ Custom IPod Mount ::
:: KYB GR2 w/ H&R Springs :: Drag DR-2 17x7 :: RS Raised Spoiler :: 2x12" Polk DB1222 subs w/ 800w Clarion amp ::
WesleyK
antispam: No

Post by WesleyK »

I will keep you posted ;). Yep I 100% agree, but I guess people still buy them?
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

small update, picked up some VHT nite shade (red) some clear and some 2000 grit sandpaper, pulled my tail lights out and got to wetsanding

after wetsanding to get the lights scuffed for the paint, taped up the reverse light and trim and gave the lights 3 liberal coats of paint

installed back on the car, fairly happy with the final result!

finally got my hands on a RSX A-spec rear lip the other day, should have some pics of the install soon, just need to pick up an extra set of rear mudflaps first incase i mess my current ones up (plan on fiber glassing the rear lip and flaps together)
Worklog
:: DIY CAI :: DIY Ground kit + Condenser :: Euro Mini Sides :: SE Leather Seats :: Kenwood Headunit w/ Custom IPod Mount ::
:: KYB GR2 w/ H&R Springs :: Drag DR-2 17x7 :: RS Raised Spoiler :: 2x12" Polk DB1222 subs w/ 800w Clarion amp ::
kulluminati777

Re: Calg_93GS's worklog (5/09/2012 - tail lights re-finnishe

Post by kulluminati777 »

the rear lip must be small if u are fiber glassing them together...on mine i couldn't imagine being able to fiberglass mud flaps back there and BTW i LOVE the all red look...it makes me want to go stock :love: :love:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

kulluminati777 wrote:the rear lip must be small if u are fiber glassing them together...on mine i couldn't imagine being able to fiberglass mud flaps back there and BTW i LOVE the all red look...it makes me want to go stock :love: :love:
the lip is going to have to be chopped down a bit and may make it an inch or 2 more narrow, deff going to be alot of measuring... and more measuring... and SOME MORE measuring... and some cutting involved :P considering used these lips average around $200 locally, i want to be as close to accurate as possible with my cuts so as to not mess it up.

unfortunately, that now has been shifted on the back burner for the time being, while driving to a friends place, my car died, luckily i was able to coast it off the road i was on ( main 3 lane road, not quite a highway tho) and iw as doing 90 so had the momentum to get it into a decent spot to figure out what the hell is wrong with it. thankfully Mike (Mi|<e) was still up and was able to bring over a disty from his 94 gs but unfortunately, it didnt solve my problem, hes thinks it may be because the 94 disty is from an obd2 k8 and mine is only obd1, so going to pick up a <93 disty tomorrow and maybe a fuel pump to try and figure out my new found gremlin.

none the less, it left me in a bit of a down mood, thankfully i was able to get the car home thanks to mike, running or not, i would rather have it at home, absolutely HATE leaving my car anywhere!

tldr version : rsx lip will be modded, car broke, bacon is a gift from the gods
Worklog
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

i had just cut the ends a little bit and tacked mine on, i do have to fiberglass the corners a little bit but i want to keep the two peice look of it...... but i cant wait to see how your lip turns out...
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

small update, hit up pnp with Mi|<e for fun to see what they had (7-8 mx-3's in the yard atm) and mike came up with the idea of trying out a 02 protege steering wheel, low and behold, it fit! so, i suggested why not the ebrake too, also a fit, so we found 2 sets of wheels and handles, and headed off to my place. Mike was able to wire up the cruise control on the 02 wheel to work with the existing cruise on the stock wheel and everything went in fairly smooth

Worklog
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

What did you guys figure out for the horn??
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
92StockMx3

Post by 92StockMx3 »

Great way to update the interior a bit. I take it the airbag isnt functional? Might look into this myself if its pretty much plug and play, dont want to mess around with airbags that can go off without notice
Mike
1992 Krylon White Mazda MX-3 RS. Cold Air Intake,17 inch Voxx rims with Toyo Proxez 4, Black Projectors, Black Taillights,Smoked Turn Signals.
1993 Brilliant Black Mazada MX-3 GS. KLZE, Short Shifter,
ethand

Post by ethand »

Mike, pretty sure an airbag can't go off if it's not connected to a sensor... (which would be why it's not functional in this car.) Also, would it not be easy enough to remove the whole airbag? (sorry, never taken an airbag wheel apart myself, so don't really know! I wouldn't think it'd be difficult, though...)
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Ya, the airbad can't go off unless your have it wired to an SRS system. Could be doable if your Mx-3 came with it, but that's a system that's questionable to work with, don't want that to blow up in your face trying to wire it up.

Ebrake is a neat idea, but the wheel has been done a few times before, Solo_ryder and Recognize both did it in theirs

1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

How does the wheel measure up to the stock one? I mean diameter mostly, but I'm curious about the grips at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock. I typically maintain a 9 o'clock grip with my left hand, so comfort in that area is a big deal for me. I always loved the look of these wheels... What did you pay at the pnp anyways?

Thanks for the posts!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

works out to around 80 bucks for the steering wheel because of the airbag, unfortunately, its riveted in so you cant remove it, the ebrake handle is another 17. as far as it goes for comfort, i have large hands so i always found the stock wheel fairly uncomfortable, the protoge one has more "meat" to it so its far more comfortable. ive also found that just driving the car in general to have a better feel to it (didnt expect that from just a steering wheel swap)

took a bit of time today to spray bomb and clear my euro sides that i got off diezzel a few months back, went on super easy and look great! thanks again diezzel!

Worklog
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

wheel well no more! kyb gr2's w/ H&R springs, compliments of robs donor car he picked up for his engine. tires rub a bit when cornering real hard, and with calgary's terrible roads, the mudflaps scrape occasionally, other then that, the ride is nice and smooth. feels a smidge stiffer then my stock springs which im happy about as i didnt want too bumpy of a ride.

Worklog
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

finally, that wheel gap was killing me lol.
that's weird though, i have H&R springs on ZR2 struts and i have no rubbing issues or mudflap scrape at all

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”