Update: the time has come...

Off-Topic Discussions
Inodoro Pereyra

Re: Looks like I will be leaving soon...

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

I confess, initially, following my policy of never opening posts from people in my ignore list, I wasn't gonna read these, but later my curiosity proved stronger than me. This time I'm glad it did.
Josh wrote: I have yet to meet a mean Canadian :)
Go here:
http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/ ... /498605551
You'll find several of them. :P
Josh wrote: Hell I have started taking Spanish, because i am seriously thinking of moving to South America within the next few years.
Best of luck. But keep the money for the trip back. South America is a difficult place to live...
Josh wrote:Inodoro - For what it is worth, I wish you much luck and success.
Thank you. I can only hope all your wishes come true... :lol: :lol:
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
Inodoro Pereyra

Now, as an immigrant, I will state my position on all this.

Again, just in case, I want to make very clear it's not my intention to offend anybody. This is MY opinion. That's all.

Like I said before, I don't have a problem with people hiring bilingual employees, same way I don't have a problem with people hiring attorneys for a law firm. Learning a language is a skill, and one ANYBODY can get. Complaining about people hiring bilingual employees is no different than when people complained about employers demanding applicants to know computers. The math is simple: you either evolve, or stay behind.

That said, I agree that every immigrant should at least make the effort to learn the language. Americans have been (at least in my experience) the nicest, most welcoming people I've ever known. The least any immigrant should do is show some respect. :shrug:

Diogenes of Sinope.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

when you think about nationalism, it does come with a bit of racism if you reallly think hard about it.

I think the best way to describe the way I feel is when I consider outsourced work. Here we complain about people coming to our country and taking work from us, and we blame the immigrants on this. Here's why I'm lax about it: American corporations. AT&T, for example, with a high profit margin and billions in cash sitting collecting dust, tries to crush american competition, set themselves up as a duopoly, to create a even larger profit margin and larger cash reserves, while simultaneously causing havoc on our own economy, lessening jobs nationwide as they consolidate the companies. And how do they try to justify it? "Well, we'll fire a bunch of people you see, from T-mobile... but we'll stop outsourcing as much! See how american we are?"
Eff you, AT&T, you should have those jobs in america to begin with! People who speak live around our culture, understand what we have to say, and actually can serve americans without us trying to rip our balls out of sheer frustration, strengthening OUR economy. Language is a skill. Outsourced call centers do not possess the right one! you can speak english fluently, and your native language... Great, but you're not NEARLY as qualified as we are, at serving our own people. Need people to speak english? Got them. Spanish? got them. Hindu? Hell, we have every language, and we have a job market to employ people within our country, for each of those languages.

When you have the corporations who are almost literally controlling our country (AT&T is the largest "campaign contributor" (aka lobbyist aka bribery) in the united states. That isn't an american company. Employ everyone you can in OUR country, immigrant or not! When that happens, THEN let's see how "damaging" immigration is to our country. Who knows? Maybe the immigration would then be the "diversification" needed to fill the immense job market that would erupt!
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

MrMazda92 wrote:I read most of the posts, and I can see reason in most of them. I stopped reading Chris's after the hint that I'm close minded and ignorant.
I admit I lol'ed at this hardcore. My roommate walked into the room, and I said this. "Hey tim, listen to this sentence. *slowly read*

I. Stopped. Reading. After the Hint that I'm... closed minded and ignorant.

And he lol'ed hardcore with me.

In a related story, I stopped studying chemistry after my teacher suggested I'm probably not good at chemistry. HA! Showed that teacher what's WHAT! Let's see how my next test comes out to be! BAM!
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

My leaving the argument equates to your fear of failure? :lol: If there were knowledge to be gained by arguing in this fashion, I would carry on happily. The information worth dedicating to memory in this thread all came from either positive, or neutral sources. :) That information will still be taken in, so long as the sources stay true to form. I'm not one to give up on learning, just because it's not easy. :wink:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Inodoro Pereyra wrote:I confess, initially, following my policy of never opening posts from people in my ignore list, I wasn't gonna read these, but later my curiosity proved stronger than me. This time I'm glad it did.
Josh wrote: Hell I have started taking Spanish, because i am seriously thinking of moving to South America within the next few years.
Best of luck. But keep the money for the trip back. South America is a difficult place to live...
Josh wrote:Inodoro - For what it is worth, I wish you much luck and success.
Thank you. I can only hope all your wishes come true... :lol: :lol:
Yeah, I have you on my ignore list as well, and was like ahh what the hell :D

Well with my new business, we are doing a lot of Geo thermal work in Chile right now, and it would make sense to make the move, at least for a little while.

Again, hopefully you can find something soon. MX-3 are becoming rare, but they are available in almost every country ;)

Best of Luck
Inodoro Pereyra

Re: Update: the time has come...

Yep.
Finally, tomorrow I will go turn myself in, to be deported back to my country.

Later on today, I will be deleting my user profile from the computer I've been using these last few months. I expect to be absent for at least a few months. :(

Thank you all for everything. I'll be back as soon as I can.

Diogenes of Sinope.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Shitty to hear Inodoro. Hope to hear from you soon, and hope everything turns out okay.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Well, hope you have a safe trip back...
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Oh man I finally found a way to tolerate you and now your leaving?? Thanks a lot. :P I believe it takes all types to make the world the interesting place it is and with you gone that's one less interesting person on MX3. Now the people on Probe talk may feel other wise but I'd can't speak for them. :wink: Work on your patients, brush your teeth after every meal and try not to kick too many dogs. Start a new post here once you get there and call it, 'Argentina? Who put the damn return spring on my azz?' :roll: Tell us what your doing there. Buena Suerte. :D

Roll the Song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d26RugDC ... re=related
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

As an immigrant myself I understand you. I feel sorry that you must leave. I think that people who sit on welfare should be deported, people who have no life, pay no taxes and live off of other people-they need to be gone from our society. Unfortunately they make up a large part of our society nowadays, collecting welfare, having children out of wedlock-that way someone else pays for them. I've been working since I've came to this country, started out as a newspaper delivery boy-there are jobs out there if you are looking. They might not be the greatest best paying jobs but it's a job and I feel Americans should take their jobs back instead of letting companies outsource them to other countries.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Inodoro Pereyra

Thank you all.

Ok, now's the time. I hope I can be back soon.

Once again, thank you all for everything. I'm gonna miss being in here.

And, yes, Dan, I'm even gonna miss you... :lol:

Diogenes of Sinope.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I know you wont miss me but that's ok, I hope you will be able to make it back soon. I do agree with you most of the time ;)

Best of Luck and safe travels
Savin

Post by Savin »

:sadwavey:

You best be traveling back safe! Once you do...steal a computer or something and let us know you made it! I'm gonna miss reading your posts for the time that you're gone. Now Daninski will only have us young whipper-snappers to pick on instead of another old fart. :wink:

In all seriousness, do take care. You're Family to us here. :D
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Savin wrote::sadwavey:

In all seriousness, do take care. You're Family to us here. :D
As dysfunctional as it may be. :P
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “Off-Topic”