Rob's '95 RS -> BP is in!

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Robs '95 RS Daily driver: No more BPT, more likely BP

Post by RobMinhas »

So I bought some new lug nuts. Blackworks ones, a set of 20 black ones.
Blue painted lug nuts I tried
Now the blackworks ones

I've decided to go with the black ones.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Those rims look nice!!
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Tavman_1213 wrote:Those rims look nice!!
Thanks man!
Wheel gap is a bit much for me but I'm going to lower the car when I put my new suspension in.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i like the black blackwork lugnuts =D
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Evo_Spec wrote:i like the black blackwork lugnuts =D
Thanks.

So I'm looking at buying some strut bars, and I figure since I'm not gonna be tracking the car or anything for now ebay ones will work.
I'm looking at these right here for $56 http://www.ebay.ca/itm/380313831180?_tr ... 198wt_1112
Anyone got any thoughts or comments about these?
ethand

Post by ethand »

Wow, I'm not gonna lie - those blue ones look sweet! They seem to colour match near perfectly!!
Black also looks good
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I've got an extra front. Black ends, flat bar. My first mod :( . Hurts just a little to get rid of it.
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

gunna have to do the rear disc conversion before summer hits! the rims look good, was having a hard time picturing them on your car, should go with the matching lugs imo (blue)
Worklog
:: DIY CAI :: DIY Ground kit + Condenser :: Euro Mini Sides :: SE Leather Seats :: Kenwood Headunit w/ Custom IPod Mount ::
:: KYB GR2 w/ H&R Springs :: Drag DR-2 17x7 :: RS Raised Spoiler :: 2x12" Polk DB1222 subs w/ 800w Clarion amp ::
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Calg_93GS wrote:gunna have to do the rear disc conversion before summer hits! the rims look good, was having a hard time picturing them on your car, should go with the matching lugs imo (blue)
When the weather cleans up enough for me to put them back on I might to a video so that I can show the angles better. I like how the blue looks but the Blackworks lug nuts are just nicer. They appeal to me both in colour and how they poke out of the wheel. My camera is pretty crappy so it makes it hard to show what I mean but I'll post a video or more pics after the weather clears up.

I wanna do the swap before winter too, I've just gotta find the right donor car and the right weather for it. Suspension is priority one right now though. I'm just waiting on springs and strut mounts at this point.
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

Worklog
:: DIY CAI :: DIY Ground kit + Condenser :: Euro Mini Sides :: SE Leather Seats :: Kenwood Headunit w/ Custom IPod Mount ::
:: KYB GR2 w/ H&R Springs :: Drag DR-2 17x7 :: RS Raised Spoiler :: 2x12" Polk DB1222 subs w/ 800w Clarion amp ::
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Thanks for the pictures Nick! You can hardly see the scratches hahah!
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

In preperation for my trip to Red deer tomorrow i decided to try to put my stock rails onto my Protege GT seats. This resulted in a huge fail. I messed around with it for probably a good hour trying to figure out if I was missing something before I gave up.

I've decided to throw my stock seats back in until I either find replacement seats I like or if I can figure out a way to put the Protege GT seats in straight.
I've also started looking for some stock tail lights, I think I'm over altezzas now and I nite shaded the ever loving crap out of my stock tail lights hahah.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I'm very excited about something that happened to me today. My last tank gave me 380KM/35L which is about 25.4MPG and my current tank gave me 354KM/28KM(I had to fill up for a trip tomorrow so I gassed up earlier then usual) for a whopping 30MPG! I had been having fuel efficiency annoyances for months and it seems like my ECU just needed to get used to all of the changes I've recently done to the car(plugs, plug wires, intake, exhaust). I'm heading on a 284KM road trip tomorrow so I'll really be able to tell how my mileage is compared to back when I first got the car(315KM/35L or 21.17MPG on highway driving).

AND, does anyone know the gas tank size for our cars? I've heard 40L and even 50L but I'm not sure on it.
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

I have fuel efficiency issues as well, I blame my foot tho :P

also, put the rims on today for fun ;)

Worklog
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Calg_93GS wrote:I have fuel efficiency issues as well, I blame my foot tho :P

also, put the rims on today for fun ;)
THose look great! Much better then they would have looked on my MX3 for sure! The gunmetal looks great, maybe even better then red?
Any tire rub with the wheel size?

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”