Rob's '95 RS -> BP is in!

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Robs '95 RS Daily driver: No more BPT, more likely BP

Post by RobMinhas »

Evo_Spec wrote:
RobMinhas wrote:Also, local pick n pull has two new MX3s. I'm excited to go check them out, as soon as the weather smartens up that is.
i would of gone with you but....it's snowing =D
Crippling disappointment when I woke up this morning. I can't really do anything on my car today :(

I managed to score a couple of MOMO steering wheels and a MOMO integra boss kit. I can tell the difference between the MOMO one and the ebay one very easily and it's noticeable. Anyone know if it'll fit on our MX3s? I actually might try it if I get the chance. I also managed to find some blackworks 20 piece black lug nuts for very cheap, even though I painted mine blue I'm gonna pick them up and maybe consider using them.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

I'm pretty sure it won't fit because if you look on the MOMO website it says our hubs are Mazda hubs and doesn't specify it'll fit any other car.

if you look at the 2 links i attached, none of the part numbers match
Mazda
http://www.momousa.com/products/product ... a-hubs.htm
Hondal
http://www.momousa.com/products/product ... -hubs.html

Also are you planning on using the extra wheel? if not could you send over a pic? I'm fine with my ebay one but it kind of flexes so if i could get a momo one i wouldn't mind switching it.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Evo_Spec wrote:I'm pretty sure it won't fit because if you look on the MOMO website it says our hubs are Mazda hubs and doesn't specify it'll fit any other car.

if you look at the 2 links i attached, none of the part numbers match
Mazda
http://www.momousa.com/products/product ... a-hubs.htm
Hondal
http://www.momousa.com/products/product ... -hubs.html

Also are you planning on using the extra wheel? if not could you send over a pic? I'm fine with my ebay one but it kind of flexes so if i could get a momo one i wouldn't mind switching it.
Ahh....I really wanted to hope, the MOMO one is beautiful and I think the horn would work with ours so long as everything else lines up. I think I'll try anyway if I get some time.

I'll shoot you a text with the pic of the wheel in a few minutes.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

horns require no alignment from the after market wheel. They normally include a wire with some form of quick disconnect. It completes the cct when the button grounds out.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:horns require no alignment from the after market wheel. They normally include a wire with some form of quick disconnect. It completes the cct when the button grounds out.
I think it does in mine because on the stock wheel theres a circle on the back with a point where one of those little clip things go into(the thing on the top of the wire that connects to the horn button on the aftermarket wheel) and its not set up that way with my ebay hub so it seems like there needs to be a metal ring around the back so that the horn buttons grounds on it and the horn goes off.

Not sure if that made sense hahah
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

that hub i gave you doesn't have "the circle" because it was garbage and didn't fit right so i ripped it off and trashed it.

if you buy a hub from a reputable company, you won't have any problems with the horn
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Evo_Spec wrote:that hub i gave you doesn't have "the circle" because it was garbage and didn't fit right so i ripped it off and trashed it.

if you buy a hub from a reputable company, you won't have any problems with the horn
Ahhh ok, makes sense.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Bought some KYB GR2 gas struts today. Brand spanking new, whole set for $100.
My new suspension is slowly coming together...
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Oh where did you get those for $100???
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
Mi|<E

Post by Mi|<E »

Also quite curious where you found those for 100 bucks ?

Thats 60% less than the cheapest I can find
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

He told me last night that he found an ad on kijiji a couple months ago an messaged the guy. Then Rob told his a price an the guy took it!! Nick an I were going to steal them from him last night haha
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Hahah well,
I've had brutal insomnia for the last five or six years and since moving to Calgary I started scouring Kijiji for anything that would be good for my car. I found a post with a guy selling all four struts and strut mounts for a protege/323. I asked on this forum if they were compatible with out MX3s and low and behold, they were. He wanted 80 bucks each strut and he'd through the mounts in for free. I sent him an email saying I'll give you 100$ for the struts, no need for the mounts. 3 weeks passed and I had forgotten about it but the guy replied, said he was in Europe and I could pick them up from his roommate. Fast forward to yesterday, I went and picked them up :)

Eibach lowering springs and strut mounts are incoming from Diezzel, the remaining pieces I will need for my suspension will be removed from picknpull tomorrow, as well as maybe the GS swap components.

Also went out and met Nick(Calg_93GS) and Tav(Tavman1213) at Tims yesterday. We had a good time shooting the s--- and talking about random stuff, we should do it again guys.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

RobMinhas wrote:Also went out and met Nick(Calg_93GS) and Tav(Tavman1213) at Tims yesterday. We had a good time shooting the s--- and talking about random stuff, we should do it again guys.
They also apparently came over and creeped my car without me knowing XD
I didn't notice you sent a text cause i was in an intense game of BF3 but would of been happy to come out and show you guys the car
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

We weren't creeping :) more like standing around in the general area around your car hahaha and besides its not that creepy..... the street light was lite!! Hahaha
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

It's only creepy if you get caught.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”