FPR Interchangeability

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Murdastylez15

FPR Interchangeability

Post by Murdastylez15 »

Hi,

I have a 95 B6DE. I am in need of a junkyard FPR and while I'm at it maybe some cam seals. Would the FPR from a 92 Protege work fine with my engine? What other options do I have to grab an FPR and some cam seals from? Thanks for any help. :)
Dying to be TURBO CHARGED
SuperK
Supporting Member

Re: FPR Interchangeability

Post by SuperK »

I'm another option for you to grab a fpr.

According to rock auto, the FPR parts guide says this:

KIA SEPHIA (1995 - 1997)
MAZDA MX-3 (1994 - 1996)
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Murdastylez15

Post by Murdastylez15 »

SuperK wrote:I'm another option for you to grab a fpr.

According to rock auto, the FPR parts guide says this:

KIA SEPHIA (1995 - 1997)
MAZDA MX-3 (1994 - 1996)

Thanks SuperK. I'm hoping to find a couple at Pull-a-part. Maybe even some used injectors as well. (fuel delivery issue I'm having)
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I also have injectors for cheap, and they were professionally cleaned, rebuilt and flowtested about a year ago.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Murdastylez15 wrote:What other options do I have to grab an FPR and some cam seals from? Thanks for any help. :)
i just want to add that if your going to get new seals, it's ALWAYS a good idea to get them new, they're so cheap that there's no need to get them used. (unless i'm interpreting your post wrong and you weren't planning on getting seals from the junkyard)
Murdastylez15

Post by Murdastylez15 »

Evo_Spec wrote:
Murdastylez15 wrote:What other options do I have to grab an FPR and some cam seals from? Thanks for any help. :)
i just want to add that if your going to get new seals, it's ALWAYS a good idea to get them new, they're so cheap that there's no need to get them used. (unless i'm interpreting your post wrong and you weren't planning on getting seals from the junkyard)
I guess I shouldn't have asked the question like that, my purpose is to remove them from a junkyard car to see the difficulty in replacing them. Hoping this will fix my leak.
Murdastylez15

Post by Murdastylez15 »

SuperK wrote:I also have injectors for cheap, and they were professionally cleaned, rebuilt and flowtested about a year ago.
Well I'm turbocharging pretty soon and I have some 323 gtx injectors that I will use.

I'm having a hesitation issue that only happens after my car runs for at least 10 mins and I turn it off and turn it back on. I'm hoping I can figure it out before I start turbocharging. The junkyard injectors are just going to be a test. Thanks though man.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”