94 mx3 gs1.8 Drives jumpy lurchy going from stop HELP!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: 94 mx3 gs1.8 Drives jumpy lurchy going from stop HELP!

Post by MrMazda92 »

Good call... That particular issue cost me my first transmission. Well, that and someone who shouldn't have touched my car driving...
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
evaunit360
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by evaunit360 »

Alright guys, I have some good news. My car runs just as it did when I got it thanks to you!

Two things we did to fix it
1. Checked the intake boot accordion thing that attaches from the air intake box to the throttle body and it was cracked in-between the the the accordion part on one of the sections on the top. We put some rubber sealant and left it overnight until it was dry.

2. Noticed a hose had been broken off from the filter box. fixed that.

**Took it for a drive and the car runs just like it did when I bought it.*** PERFECTLY RUNS!!!
evaunit360

Post by evaunit360 »

Thanks MR MAZDA92!!
BIG HELP!
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Awesome!!

I love that moment when you realize the repair was a success, hopefully I'll be feeling that today myself :D Headlight upgrade time, after way too much digging and planning. I'm glad that you got it all resolved, enjoy the car!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
jamestakay

Post by jamestakay »

I'm glad it was just something minor. It sucks working on cars period unless you're adding goodies for more hp gain or looks! :D
evaunit360

Post by evaunit360 »

Now I just found that on of my VRIS vacuum hoses is broken. it's the one in the back middle section part of the engine. I don't know how the system work or where the hose goes. Anyone know anything?
jamestakay

Post by jamestakay »

If it's your vris solenoid than just buy another one.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”