Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 2013 in review

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Mooneggs - 92 mx-3 "daily driver" IP 10/24 Mazdaspeed +

Post by Sleeper6 »

SOoo you got the wing on and still no wheels? Cmon show us the wheels on it too!
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
weede_klze

Re: Mooneggs - 92 mx-3 "daily driver" IP 10/24 Mazdaspeed +

Post by weede_klze »

How many unique parts do I get? damm! :D
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 10/27 leveling + TSW 17

Post by Mooneggs »

I finally got a new set of tires for my 17" TSW Razor rims. It's probably been almost 4 years since I got the Toyo Proxes4... I went with Dunlop Direzza Z1 Starspec 215/40/17... they look alot better than 205/40/17 but I need to get my fender rolled on the right rear due to the damage from when I got the car. While I am at it I'm going to go ahead and roll all 4 fenders in anticipation for my wider race slicks for next year's autocross season! :driver: I also went ahead and got a lifetime alignment from Firestone so now I can get it aligned for "free" basically from here on out on this car! I wish I had gotten this years ago! :roll:

I also got a set of 205/60/15 Michelin Hydroedge on my powdercoated matte black 94 GS 5 spoke rims which will be my new winter setup (no pics yet).

Thanks to Bogaut for figuring out how to correctly wire up the EDM headlamp motorized leveling switch (and for installing it in my car)! It works really well with my new HID telescoping H4 setup. It's like having Hi/Lo and Mid! 8) At the bottom of this post below the pics is a short video of the headlamp leveling action!

Below is the video, click to play, not sure how to embed :?

also for reference below is another video Steve_SK made a long time ago that shows how it works from the front...

Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Nice work on the lights, everything looks great! Still hoping to see you put the MS wheels on but i guess thats waiting till spring time then eh? Btw if you have a diagram for the switches on those lights could you post em up so I can wire in the ones in the black car, thanks!
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Hey Moon, why you moving?

OMG, I love it! It makes so much more sence now! I never liked those flappy pannels.

I love how it looks! Reminds me of my car with the wing, skirts, hood and fogs :D You didn't put on your MS rims?

Wonder what it would be like to have that wing on the CF hatch :twisted: Only problem with that is that there's no going back....
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Thanks Mike, yeah I didn't want to put the wing on the MS hatch since I didn't want to drill holes... Maybe someday... we'll see.

2 of my roommates got married so me and the last roommate downsized to a smaller house out on a farm... I like it alot except there is no garage (or pavement for that matter).

MS Rims will go on next year... no sense spending that much on tires that will sit for 5 months...
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Sweet upgrades Mark.

Too bad of you're 1 broken glass...
But why did you decide to use some RHD headlights? Wouldn't you be blinding people on the other side of the road?
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Good lad, at last a proper spoiler :P Looks badass.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

mazdaspeed wing!?!?!? HAHAHAHAHA.....nice bro welcome to the dark side.....
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

WhiteFinish wrote:But why did you decide to use some RHD headlights? Wouldn't you be blinding people on the other side of the road?
No, I used the Driver's side from both a LHD and RHD set. The Passenger side is what has the greater peripheal illumination to light up the side of the road. If anything, I'm somewhat limiting my illumination on the passenger side :? I haven't noticed any big issues though especially now that I have the leveling and HIDs! :mrgreen:
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 10/28 audio/video upgra

Post by Mooneggs »

So you might be wondering where I'm finding the time to get all this stuff done... Basically I'm on a sabbatical from work. After 10 years of service they give you a 6 week paid vacation :mrgreen: I started it on 10/15 and it goes until 11/27. As of today I still have 31 days left off!

Anyways, yesterday I worked on upgrading my audio/video capabilities. I've been planning this for some time just like everything else didn't have the time to get around to it. I decided to go with a double din Pioneer DVD unit. This required modifying the stock plastic parts. I was nervous about this at first but once I used the installation kit, it actually fit perfectly and looks really nice! I also cleaned up all the wiring while I was in there...

I also installed new rear speakers in just one of the openings of the JDM trunk speaker boxes. I may eventually use the smaller component space but just wanted to get some decent speakers in at least the larger hole (6 1/2" opening). I decided on some Kenwood Excelon as they fit perfect in the opening without any cutting (the JDM part has a weird tall lip I didn't want to cut).

I also removed the lock on the hatch and installed a rear backup camera. This wasn't totally necessary but I didn't realize how cheap the cameras are now and it is actually pretty nice to have. I just had to dremel out the hole slightly bigger and it fit right in! It does black/white infared at night and color by day and it's also waterproof.

Last but not least I picked up a cheap used sub and amp from a friend... it does quite nicely (not as crazy as the 4 12" subs and massive class D amp I had years ago).

Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

very nice work!
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

It looks great!!

Loving the fact that we have the same sub :lol:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 11/3 fender roll + cass

Post by Mooneggs »

Because of the damage on the passenger side rear fender I was having some minor rubbing issues when I installed 215/40/17. I found a guy on craigslist that showed me how to roll my fenders for $50. I had considered doing the baseball bat method but with the damage I'm glad I decided to use the actual fender rolling tool. I had to raise the coilovers in the rear to get the tool to fit but other than that no major issues! It's pretty cool how it works and it still looks OEM from the outside.

As part of my security measures I also decided to "reinstall" my OEM Mazda cassette player due to the fact that my new screen does not have a removable faceplate :? So I decided to make my own! :mrgreen: I knew hanging on to this old cassette player was going to come in handy one day! It's still a little rough but it is meant to look a little janky but I think through tinted windows it will look legit! :freak:

jeffs93toy

Re: Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 11/3 fender roll + cass

Post by jeffs93toy »

all i can say is... d@#^.

Moon you have probably given me more ideas for mods than i can shake a stick at. Both of your mx3s look absolutely sick... I love the mix of the different cultures and the diys you have done... These cars are in absolute mint condition...

Keep up the awsome work.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”