Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 2013 in review

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 2013 in review

Post by Mooneggs »

Hello and welcome to my worklog for the "daily driver" - previously known as the "fast car".

The reason it is labeled the "daily driver" is because I also have a "race car" identical to this. The daily driver is what I use most of the time and is much nicer with a full leather interior and other nicer options. The international project (IP) is basically finding as many OEM mx-3 parts from around the world to put on my car. Here is the list of what is installed on this mx-3:

• H4 LHD and RHD glass headlights with 3 way leveling function, painted black inside
• Euro fog lights (yellow bulbs)
• Euro front turn signals (clear with 2 chrome orange bulbs)
• Euro interior HVAC vents (with dials)
• German light up hazard switch
• JDM power folding and heated mirrors
• UK rear fog light switch
• Euro LHD and RHD OEM tail lights (including 2 rear foglights)
• JDM full length Eunos Presso sideskirts
• RHD eunos floor mats (SE faded red to black special edition)
• JDM Eunos Presso rear indiglo badge

List of mods (may be slightly out of date):

• KLZE + KL-31 cams, kl36 ecu with rev limiter and autofans removed. Millenia Alternator, SS autochrome headers, AWR 88 durometer front and rear and mazdaspeed side motor mounts, SRD engine transmember mount bushings, 626 tranny (4.11 gearing), MFactory LSD, fidanza flywheel, exedy OEM clutch + pressure plate, SS clutch line, HEI mod with MSD blaster 2 external coil, 68mm K8 TB, custom cold air intake to the fender, SRD crossmember, Pacesetter adjustable short throw shifter (reduced 80%), Bronzeoil bushings and SRD extension rod bushing, magnaflow high flow cat, SS Autochrome headers to custom 2.5” piping to megan racing 4.5” tip muffler

• Powerslot slotted rotors w/ HPS Plus pads, SS brake lines, K-Sport Kontrol Pro CMZ200-KP Coilovers, regular wheels: MazdaSpeed/Rays MS-01S 16x7 with 205/50/16 Dunlop Direzza D2, winter wheels: stock 5 spoke 94 mx-3 GS wheels powdercoated low gloss black with 205/60/15 Michelin HydroEdge, SRD control arm bushings, Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar with poly bushings, Wytbushings in all rear suspension (70 durometer polyurethane), Mazdaspeed front strut bar, Corksport rear slim strut bar, SRD rear lower tie bar, JWMX3 B-Pillar bar.

• Front OEM Leather seats (no heat) and rear leather seat bottom, 94 doors (this keeps the motorized seat belts from moving),door panels and rear panels, mx-3 cnc pedals, mk4 miata satin interior door handles, Eunos presso SS door sills, CF ashtray, otto G3 reverse indiglo gauges, white reverse indiglo hvac, modified turn signal lights (blue), STOLEN [3 gauge pillar(black) with autometer C2 air fuel ratio, volts and shift light with 6.6 pill], Eunos Presso steering wheel, valentine one radar/laser detector hardwired with heads up display attached in front of speedo, pioneer AVH-P4300DVD with rear view camera installed, A and B pillars painted gloss black, black recovered headliner, relocated cruise control, image dynamics tweeters (not hooked up), Memphis audio 4 gauge wiring, infininty reference up front, Kenwood Excelon in the rear, subwoofer level control installed next to e-brake, 12" JBL sub in box and Rockford Fosgate amp.

• Slim visors, 20% tint with 9" strip on front window, clear signals front turn signals, LED lights for rear marker and license plate lights, wraparound rear mud guards, shaved window washer nozzle on hatch, Euro front bumper with JDM front lip, tow hook and yellow fog lights, primer black paint job, slim profile wiper blades, 6000K Telescoping H4 Hi/Lo HID Kit

• All premium fluids used (amsoil, royal purple, redline, lucas, etc)

To Do list:

• Sunroof switch wired to something…(I have no sunroof in the fast car)
• Paint the inside trunk area black
• Modify strut bar to accomodate phenolic thermospacers

For a full list of parts on my cars, click here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1029786 ... 339607053/

most recent picture:
Last edited by Mooneggs on December 28th, 2009, 5:04 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

First off, keep in mind alot of these are 35mm disposable camera pictures from way back when. The color correction is off, etc... I don't want to hear about it LOL :D ... but this is a photo history of how the fast car got to where it is today:

I bought the car down in Mississippi for $500 and we towed it back to Barry's house

Barry's house is where the swap was done. He most graciously let me use his garage for... 6 months (long story)...

Here are some pics when it was red with the carbon fiber hood:

Next there was the combined color stage. Basically behind the scenes was my 3rd mx-3... my first car, my true love, the most beatiful mx-3 ever IMO, and bone stock LOL :roll:

So since this car was just sitting at barry's neighbors house and it had tinted windows I figured, why not just swap the doors and the hatch...

once I started swapping parts the rest went downhill from there and it ended up looking like this... :crying:

So once the parts were stripped off the super slow blue car, I put them on the red car... which became the combination color car... Somewhere in this time period I also installed the civic projectors:

At Nopi:

Shortly thereafter the first prime was completed:

Right after I spanked a civic hatch GSR:

I painted the amber turn signals red:

cstott282

Post by cstott282 »

damn great progress., that red paint looked mint lol i wish mine did :( .. hah, right now im not sure if i want to do anything to my car.. if i do it will be the red of the new mazda 3's
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

LOL @ B-Rad and Casey.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Here's a few primer shots:

Here's shots of the interior but unfortunately I only have recent pics... it went through many stages of development though.

And on to all the carbon fiber stuff...
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

very nice mx3 now all you need is one more mx3 and we can replace the 3 civics in the fast and the furious movie with mx3's lol very sexy tho.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I was digging through my old mx-3 receipts and stuff and found my fastest ever timeslip with the klze...

4/29/06 00:53AM

R/T:------.763
60:------2.311
330:-----6.304
1/8:-----9.581
mph:---75.28
1000:--12.387
1/4:----14.756
mph:---94.73
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

I'm in love. :love:
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Ok so I was thinking that a UK OEM front strut bar for the mx-3 might fit over the klze IM but it didn't happen. so just in case anybody was wondering - it won't work! :roll:

I also decided to switch up my corksport strut bar to the raised mod instead of the extended mod. I just think this way is more supportive. Anyways I also checked my CAI to make sure everything was still tight. At a later date I plan on running it through my fender instead of running it directly in front of my tranny. I also got rid of the vacuum lines that run to the pipes:

I also swapped repainted some OEM tails and installed them. I swapped rims with the slow car. Seems to handle a little better without those super tall tires :roll:

Once I get in my second set of Euro tail lights (should be shipping today) I plan on redding out the turnsignal and running some rear fog light wires in the fast car as well as the slow car...
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Alright I made some more progress last weekend...

I converted my tail lights to Euro spec wiring. I basically cut both power wires going to the 2 inner lights. I rewired the brake light wires (green) and ran them directly to my rear fog light switch. This is also wired directly to the battery so I don't have to have the key in to turn them on. No pics yet as I am waiting until my actual Euro spec taillights arrive. Should be really cool. Once I have completed these I will probably do the same wiring in the slow car.

I also completely dissasembled the left side power folding mirror to try and see if I could recalibrate... no deals. I'm just going to have to live with it :roll: I also rewired them to go to a 92 power folding switch instead of the 94. This is what they used to look like:

now including my rear fog light switch (JDM) :D

I also got a bunch of goodies... I ordered some new mazdaspeed front upper strut mounts and an SRD battery tie bar:

I also picked up a VRTuner so I will finally have the correct VRIS points for my millenia IM (I can't wait to install it - VRIS tuning FTW!) I will probably put the points even lower since I have a big bore TB!

I also picked up another indiglo HVAC panel...
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Enjoy the parts :)

Any luck on the mirrors?
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

well I was able to convert the 323 motors into an mx-3 housing but they are kind of shaky... I'm not completely happy with them yet. I'm about to post a JDM MX-3 PFM breakdown.

I found out that your left side mirror has a different motor than your right side mirror. So whoever you bought those mirrors from had a mismatched set (whether they knew it or not). I've still got to do some testing on your set. Also your housings were broken so I may need to come by and get your white set since that's what they are going in eventually anyways! I've got some extra mirrors we can put in your green car just so it will have mirrors on it.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

I put a different motor in it, remember?
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

no the whole assembly including the motor is completely different from anything I've seen in the other 7 PFM motors I was looking at :D :roll: I'll keep you updated - it will be next weekend before I work on it again.
Audessy

Post by Audessy »

Omg. I want your headlights. How did you get them like that? Or where did you get them from?

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”