Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 2013 in review

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
bbunkerc397
antispam: No

Re: Mooneggs - 92 mx-3 "daily driver" IP 9/10 JDM trunk part

Post by bbunkerc397 »

Where did you get those rear JDM trunk parts? I want those speaker pods and they would be great for two mini subs on each side and rear drivers. Also are the front holes 8" or 6"? I'll give you anything you want if you sell me those :mrgreen:
1996 MX-3 KL-ZE with Eunos 800 IM, factory side skirts,. "Owner since 2001 my 14th year"
1992 929s 20B-REW Lowered, 17" chrome Millenia rims, custom black interior. "13th Owner 9th year"
2006 Chevy HHR LT "Bought Brand New - East Side Chevy" Sold to my Dad
bbunkerc397

Post by bbunkerc397 »

Look what I found :D

1996 MX-3 KL-ZE with Eunos 800 IM, factory side skirts,. "Owner since 2001 my 14th year"
1992 929s 20B-REW Lowered, 17" chrome Millenia rims, custom black interior. "13th Owner 9th year"
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

Where in the world did you find that. :shock:
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
bbunkerc397

Post by bbunkerc397 »

some site, surfin' for like 2 hours with nothing better to do. hahaha
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I think I saw that Russian EPC site years ago but never thought about the audio system at that time...

Small update... so I moved 2 weekends ago and in the process decided to make good use of my b pillar bar... it's quite handy if you have alot of hanging clothes :mrgreen:

I also decided to order brand new OEM license plate light covers and the overhead lense light cover... I just couldn't get the old parts clear enough (yellowed with age)...

_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Car's looking great as always man! Happy Birthday :)
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Mooneggs - 92 mx-3 "daily driver" IP 300,000 milestone

Post by Mooneggs »

so the DD hit a milestone this week! 300,000 miles on the chassis! :shock: :o

I believe these are accurate stats for the motor/tranny... If I find out they are not accurate I will update... Updated on 1/27/12 after more research.

Bought the ZE with an estimated 35-50k miles on it, put it in the DD at around 175k... this means my ZE has over 125k miles on it that I put on plus another possible 35k-50k unknown so potentially 175k on this ZE! :o

Bought the 626 tranny with 60k miles on it and put it in at the same time... this means my tranny has about 185k miles on it now... :shock:

I have never done anything internally on the motor and the only thing I've done to the tranny was put the MFactory LSD in about 10k miles ago... :shrug:

Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Congrats! Ill have to post a pic soon as I hit 300k (although Im still rocking stock k8 :oops: )
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

And I thought me being close to 200k was impressive. Congrats!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Mooneggs - 92 mx-3 "daily driver" IP 10/24 Mazdaspeed +

Post by Mooneggs »

I took a drive down to visit mrmazda92 to give him some parts I had lying around...

I never thought I would go the route of having a Mazdaspeed wing but the more I looked at pics of it along with the aesthetics I already have on the car I think it really makes sense... I also decided to install my AZ-3 components so now I have a mix of MX-3, Presso, and AZ-3 parts :freak: . I was really excited to finally be able to see what an indiglo rear badge looks like lit up! Wow definately one of the coolest parts I have acquired thus far in the International Project! 8) I basically just swapped hatches with the Daily Driver (it still has the Eunos indiglo and Wraparound spoiler).

Ultimately this hatch (MS Spoiler + AZ-3 indiglo) will live on the Race Car since well, they are race car parts :D But until the RC is healthy again, I might as well pop it on for my 2500 mile roadtrip coming up in a few weeks :)

I also finally decided to buy some Telescoping Hi/Lo H4 HID 6000k bulbs for my EDM headlamps. I was wary about getting them as I thought they would not fit in the housings with the rear dustcover on. But they do! Basically they have a small actuator that moves the bulbs to the right location for Hi/Lo (as if there were 2 filaments like in a halogen bulb). They work VERY well and I am very pleased with the light output! Hopefully I will be getting the motorized leveling function hooked up very soon...

I also swapped out the rear taillights with a fresh set of LHD + RHD Rear fog lamp equipped with a clear reverse light... the others were getting a little hazy and the red reverse light can get annoying at times :freak:

Miguelitto

Post by Miguelitto »

I love this rear wing.......
Never run faster than your angel can fly!........ My angel has NOS
My worklog || Brazil => http://www.mx3zone.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

how's the light cutoff?
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

seems to be fine... if you look at the pic of the bulb it really focuses the beam to a certain part of the housing due to all the metal shrouding (which can be removed). Both headlamps are Drivers sides (LHD + RHD) so I angled the "passenger side" a little higher due to the limited cutoff (not as much peripheal dispersion on a Driver's).
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

Hoop...........there is is. :mrgreen:
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

It looks great! The MS wing never looked so good to me, Flat black brought it up a notch in my book!

The badge looks good too, If a BB ever pops up for the CF ones, I may put my name in for red letters... That'd be a nice finishing touch for any car!

Btw, I didn't know you snagged a picture of me :lol: That's what I get for obsessing over a wax job... I'm mad that I missed a spot last time 'round!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”