Intake+TB question.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Nd4SpdSe

Re: Intake+TB question.

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

cWs306 wrote:yah i got a curved neck already.. i just need a TB. and i was told the K8 one will bore out to KL spec?? :S
I might be wrong on that actually, but I think the reason why is that typically getting it bored out is much more expensive than actually sourcing the proper TB. I think it's over $200 to get a TB bored out...

You have the curved neck IM, so you know what it looks like, and I said you need the TB from a curved-neck IM, so why did you ask if one from a straight-neck will work.
Last edited by Nd4SpdSe on April 3rd, 2011, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
cWs306 wrote:yah i got a curved neck already.. i just need a TB. and i was told the K8 one will bore out to KL spec?? :S
I might be wrong on that actually, but I think the reason why is that typically get it bored out it much more expensive than actually sourcing the proper TB. I think it's over $200 to get a TB bored out...

You have the curved neck IM, so you know what it looks like, and I said you need the TB from a curved-neck IM, so why did you ask if one from a straight-neck will work.

2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
cWs306
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by cWs306 »

i was confused, give me a break lol,but i got it now. and boreing it out for me is cheap, i got a buddy that works at a shop that does it so it wont be to much.
muttpower
antispam: No

Post by muttpower »

cWs306 wrote:i was confused, give me a break lol,but i got it now. and boreing it out for me is cheap, i got a buddy that works at a shop that does it so it wont be to much.
Well then, you've got some good friends then...my friends just end up borrowing sh*t and dont return it...like movies, tools, ammo... :shrug:
1992 MX3 GS (My Project Toy)
K8DE, see web site...too many mods to list, but still growing.
2006 Dodge Durango (The Family-Mobile)
Every time you race a Honda Civic, a kitten kills a retard.
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

muttpower wrote:
cWs306 wrote:i was confused, give me a break lol,but i got it now. and boreing it out for me is cheap, i got a buddy that works at a shop that does it so it wont be to much.
Well then, you've got some good friends then...my friends just end up borrowing sh*t and dont return it...like movies, tools, ammo... :shrug:
movies... thats always a problem, tools your fault, ammo there is no such thing as borrow
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.
Pritchett

Post by Pritchett »

im buying a Curved neck ZE this saturday, if it has a TB you can buy the one off my other motor(curved neck ZE). I live in medicine hat which is approx 1 hour from the sask border. You could pick it up or maybe I could send it to you..either way the option is there. I'll let ya know on saturday if you want?
93 mx-3 GS (KLZE w/kl01 cams, XTD stage 3 clutch, Outlaw intake/throttle body spacers, throttle body coolant delete, headers, full 2.5" exhaust w/resonator and 40 series flowmaster, filled engine mounts)
99 silverado
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

my car fund's r runnings really low, im counting pennys for the fluid's for my swap. lol. once i got my motor in and running ill see if u still got it. thanks for the offer tho!
greenstorm

Post by greenstorm »

I picked up a millenia IM, with no throttle body as well. I'm going to be getting a millenia TB in about 2 weeks, can I run the K8 TB for the time being? (I know it probably sucks, but will it work?)
what kind of car IS that?
davmac

Post by davmac »

The K8 tb will work but be restrictive. Only potential concern is interference hooking up coolant lines to the IAC under the tb - but I'd be surprised if this was a problem. A straight neck KLDE or KLZE tb will also work. The KLDE tb has a large vacuum port you'll have to deal with - directions are below. Only other potential concern is mating the straight neck tb to the different shape of the curved neck manifold, but I'm certain it will seal just fine. All you want to know and then some in a couple of links (sorry over to probetalk for this):

Link with KLZE intake manifold adapted for use on a KLDE engine – but also has lots of info on using different IACs.

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701068823

Link with mods for dealing with the large vacuum port of the KL03 (KLDE) IAC:

http://forums.probetalk.com/showpost.ph ... ostcount=8
Proud owner of a Faded Red 92 MX-3 GS
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

youll need a K8 throttle body gasket for the millenia intake if you use the k8 throttle body. because the intake has a rise on the top of it that leaks. i had that leak at first cause i used the millenia gasket, but just used exhaust tape to fill it for now. :P
greenstorm

Post by greenstorm »

I just used a little RTV for the time being :D

I'll have fun scraping that off soon :-p
what kind of car IS that?
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Sheesh, patience you guys :lol:

I'm rebuilding my Milli ZE atm, so I'm driving my other car! You could just rock your K8s until you get the stuff to have the KL running smoothly, that's what I would recommend...
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Do not use the K8 TB if you want good performance... Boring it out(if possible) would be expensive.

I'll trade you a KL01(KLDE) TB straight across for your ZE one if you're interested, and I'd pay shipping for both! :lol:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

kl01 is the millenia tb? :O theres one on a probe out at a local JY! i didnt know that was the one i needed since the mannys r diff. fuuuck this whole time ive been running the k8 hahaha. and well if you figure out the shipping and everything else to do with shipping it ill trade. ive never shipped anything before, only received.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

The Millenia TB is a KL47, but the KL01 is a better fit than a Straightneck ZE one(KL31?) would be. If you do end up picking up another one elsewhere, I'd possibly be interested in buying your straightneck one anyways. I'm running a straightneck in my '92 come swap time, so I'll be needing one :lol:
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”