10th Annual Mississauga Mazda MX-3 Meet!

Organizing An MX-3 Meet? Post Your Info Here.
_-Night-Shade-_

Re: 10th Annual Mississauga Mazda MX-3 Meet!

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Technically I am. Wouldn't be right if there was one and I wasn't there...
Well there was, it happened last year.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Technically there was a second one, when I was in Virginia for the 2nd year and couldn't make it back. I honestly don't remember why I didn't make it last year, but last year was crazy, but also, so has been the last 3 and a half years of my life.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Haley
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Haley »

Maybe start a seperate topic/post for this...a lot of people aren't going to look at an older post for new meets. ???
Just a suggestion.
_-Night-Shade-_

Ouch. Looks like the scene really is dead. Oh well, long live the few lonely Ontario MX-3 owners like me.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:Ouch. Looks like the scene really is dead. Oh well, long live the few lonely Ontario MX-3 owners like me.
Nice to read you finally caught on. Last years meet in Kingston wasn't big but it did have class. Everyone wanted to be there and enjoyed themselves. The Sunday cruise was an experience some may never know. Every couple of weeks my daughter and I cruise down to the Glenora Ferry and cross just for the heck of it. People always look over and check out my car, even the older folks smile cuz they know the MX-3 is sharp looking ride.

Next year, OC Chopper Mazda meet, you up for it?
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
_-Night-Shade-_

It's not that I've caught on just now. I've always known... Sometimes I just naively hope that maybe I'm wrong. The last dying breaths were around the time I first got my MX-3. Biggest MX-3 meet I've been to was 12 MX-3s. It's sad how we had 12 MX-3s in Toronto but couldn't even get that many in Kingston with a Ontario & Quebec meet.
Daninski wrote:The Sunday cruise was an experience some may never know.
Agreed. Time of my life!
Daninski wrote:Next year, OC Chopper Mazda meet, you up for it?
That's a big goal, I'd have to see what's going on closer to the date.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:It's not that I've caught on just now. I've always known... Sometimes I just naively hope that maybe I'm wrong.
Exactly, he keeps trying and trying, but really the meets never really materiized in numbers that should show. The numbers ARE there, but the interst isn't. I still gotta get planning on the August meet. Organizing one for when Deb comes back. Mostly focusing around past Mx-3'ers, but existing owners are more than welcome.

Sounds like you had a great cruise, wish I could of been there :(
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

I am renting a cottage while I am home and the road is pretty rough to go in and it is about 1.5 kms long. It would be great to have a meet some place like that......

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
ProspectMx3

Post by ProspectMx3 »

A meet of all the old timers would be good:)

I guess I will half to bring out my youngest brother as he is now a MX3er too:)
(Debs old car)
Stock Sucks
Race Cars!!!
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

If she comes to the meet..can I drive her..p l e a s e !!!!!

Is it ok if I carry on and cry and apologize to her that I am sorry I let her down :( and let her go. OK OK but I get so attached to my cars.......LOL

I know it will be a great meet............it will be great to see everyone...!!!!

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
_-Night-Shade-_

You failed to provide for her Deb :P
Finch
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Finch »

Is this meet happening again this year? Would be interested in attending and seeing some old faces!
----"A Real Car has 3 Pedals"----

2007 Satin White Pearl Subaru Wrx 2.5L
2007 Blue Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5I Special Edition - Sold
1996 Black Mazda MX-3 RS - Sold for Part
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Not likely, and not this year...it was usually held early in summer as the season started and people were anxious to take out and show off their cars.

I can't really organize one since I'm really not local at the moment. Also, I haven't been able to get anyone out to any event posted this year except for Igor, so, sadly, there's no incentive at all to have this, sadly.

Last year I did organize an old-timers meet with pretty good success. I wanted to do it again this year on a more convinient day, but I'm too far to have the ability to make it happen; hopefully next year. Last year Deb was back in Ontario for some holidays, so of course we had to do something! This year she didn't, but maybe coming back around Xmas, but that's off-season, not a meetable time of the year.

It could be a decent meet, but there's about 4-5 people I'd expect that would actually show up from the Mx-3 scene. I think the old-timers would be more numerous and reliable to come, so depends if it's an actual Mx-3 or old-timers meet (with currently Mx-3'ers invited, as like last time).

I drove from Virginia just for the weekend, just for the 10th MMMM, we've even had people from Chicago and Quebec from in the past. Now it takes everything to get people around the GTA to come out. Actually there's MOM this coming weekend. Should post that up, would be a good alternative and a good sized event to see other Mazda's and people.
bbunkerc397
antispam: No

Post by bbunkerc397 »

I would definitely show, last year was good at the lake front it poured down rain and a few mxers showed.
1996 MX-3 KL-ZE with Eunos 800 IM, factory side skirts,. "Owner since 2001 my 14th year"
1992 929s 20B-REW Lowered, 17" chrome Millenia rims, custom black interior. "13th Owner 9th year"
2006 Chevy HHR LT "Bought Brand New - East Side Chevy" Sold to my Dad

Return to “MX-3 Meets”