mx3 5 speed need help

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
FastFlaMx3
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

mx3 5 speed need help

Post by FastFlaMx3 »

my mx3 is acting weird i have to have a 3-4 grand rev when let out on clutch pedle or it will jerk ans act like it is in a higher gear and the car it surging it revs from 800-1g really weird pls help any info would help
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3882183" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
h3xt0r

Re: mx3 5 speed need help

Post by h3xt0r »

Are you saying that its surging like its not getting enough power or it feels more like its just "grabbing" after a little while? If its the grab I had a similar problem in my car a while back and it ended up being the clutch. The clutch is probably worn out and slips then eventually gets traction and grabs hard.
-H3xT0r
kateCapshaw wrote:The moment somebody says to me, "This is very risky," is the moment it becomes attractive to me.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

bouncing idle is also caused by vac leaks.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
FastFlaMx3

Post by FastFlaMx3 »

i got new vac lines and it helped ty i got the master cyl and slave cly now just need a few day off work to get it done i hope this helps the tranny
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3882183" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Transmissions”