Umm...2 green wires ?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
EggyRollz
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Umm...2 green wires ?

Post by EggyRollz »

Ok so I was trying to do some cleaning up and found another issue. There is about 20" length of wire ( 2 green ones ) that seem to have gone to the end of something at one point but have been since ripped out.

I took the best photo I could with my crummy KODAK so bear with me XD

The green wires go down into a black clip that has yellow wire locks at both sides...anyone know what these go/went to ?

94 Tahoe Sport SS - 454 =)
93 3KGT VR4 - K&N Filter.Proxes 4 Tires. Drilled/Slotted Rotors.
97 Tahoe - Grill gaurd.Oversized Tires.Custom liners.Bored & matched pistons.E-cam.Leather.Remote start.TCC upgrade.+Sunshell.10K tow package.Knifed TB.Flowtech Huggers.Straight pipes.Hypertech chip.B&M Trans Controller, Front diff & T-case plates.
Feedback-viewtopic.php?f=37&t=74259
For Sale-viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74832
EggyRollz

Re: Umm...2 green wires ?

Post by EggyRollz »

Don't know if it helps or not but these were hanging down under the car. Roughly around the o2 sensor. The clip also plugs into the main connector about mid-engine bay just above the transmission. This is a manual vehicle btw if it matters any.

I would like to get these back where they belong and see if some of my problems vanish.
94 Tahoe Sport SS - 454 =)
93 3KGT VR4 - K&N Filter.Proxes 4 Tires. Drilled/Slotted Rotors.
97 Tahoe - Grill gaurd.Oversized Tires.Custom liners.Bored & matched pistons.E-cam.Leather.Remote start.TCC upgrade.+Sunshell.10K tow package.Knifed TB.Flowtech Huggers.Straight pipes.Hypertech chip.B&M Trans Controller, Front diff & T-case plates.
Feedback-viewtopic.php?f=37&t=74259
For Sale-viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74832
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

It is either the neutral switch or the reverse switch. Both are 3/4"ish plugs on the trans and either are subject to damage from road objects. I've replaced both on my car over the years for the same reason, ran over something and it tore the wires away.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
TMP39

Post by TMP39 »

yea that would be your neutral swtich as far as i an tell.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Its actually a fairly important sensor. You may notice an increase in mileage by repairing it, actually.

http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php ... F2-018.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”