antispam: No

flywheel

Post by DiaMagus »

will the mx6 Fly work on thd stock k8 transmissiom or do i need an
mx3 fly
Nd4SpdSe

Re: flywheel

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

KL flywheel will work, but it's heavier. Mx6 owners actually put in an Mx3 flywheel for better performance.

So yes it works, but actually a downgrade
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
DiaMagus

Post by DiaMagus »

I'm running a MX3 stock fly. With an XTD (Lame) clutch. I have the stock mx3 tranny i'm going to swap to the aluminum flywheel my question is should I run the mx6 fly or mx3 aluminum fly. I'll get faster rev off the mx3 fly im sure its lighter than the mx6... I was talking about aluminum flywheels sorry I didn't make that more clear. Thanks
EggyRollz
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by EggyRollz »

DiaMagus wrote:I'm running a MX3 stock fly. With an XTD (Lame) clutch. I have the stock mx3 tranny i'm going to swap to the aluminum flywheel my question is should I run the mx6 fly or mx3 aluminum fly. I'll get faster rev off the mx3 fly im sure its lighter than the mx6... I was talking about aluminum flywheels sorry I didn't make that more clear. Thanks
Go with whichever one is lighter then.
94 Tahoe Sport SS - 454 =)
93 3KGT VR4 - K&N Filter.Proxes 4 Tires. Drilled/Slotted Rotors.
97 Tahoe - Grill gaurd.Oversized Tires.Custom liners.Bored & matched pistons.E-cam.Leather.Remote start.TCC upgrade.+Sunshell.10K tow package.Knifed TB.Flowtech Huggers.Straight pipes.Hypertech chip.B&M Trans Controller, Front diff & T-case plates.
Feedback-viewtopic.php?f=37&t=74259
For Sale-viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74832
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

DiaMagus wrote:I'm running a MX3 stock fly. With an XTD (Lame) clutch. I have the stock mx3 tranny i'm going to swap to the aluminum flywheel my question is should I run the mx6 fly or mx3 aluminum fly. I'll get faster rev off the mx3 fly im sure its lighter than the mx6... I was talking about aluminum flywheels sorry I didn't make that more clear. Thanks

I'm not sure why this is a question really... if you have an oem flywheel and a lightweight flywheel, why would you question using the lighter one if you already have it? I could see if you were thinking about buying one.

Go with the aluminum, unless it's some off-brand that you would question the integrity of...
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
DiaMagus

Post by DiaMagus »

I have a stock mx3 flywheel. What I am "asking" is will the kl flywheel fit the k8 bellhousing. I guess is the bottom line - :) cheers
DiaMagus

Post by DiaMagus »

mazdags94 wrote:

I'm not sure why this is a question really... if you have an oem flywheel and a lightweight flywheel, why would you question using the lighter one if you already have it? I could see if you were thinking about buying one.

Go with the aluminum, unless it's some off-brand that you would question the integrity of...
\

The company I'm going through only supply's an mx6 flywheel. I don't have an aluminum flywheel yet- So I'm going to buy one. what I'm saying is- Do you think there will be a big difference between an mx6 aluminum flywheel and an mx3 flywheel since they don't provide the mx-3 flywheel. I hope you can understand this better . :p
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

well what company are you using and how light is their flywheel? I'm not sure why they would have different flywheels... the only aluminum flywheels (9lb.) I would use are fidanza and aasco...
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Mooneggs wrote:well what company are you using and how light is their flywheel? I'm not sure why they would have different flywheels... the only aluminum flywheels (9lb.) I would use are fidanza and aasco...
+1
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

I didn't think there were 9lb flywheels made anymore. Aasco is like 12 iirc, but anyway.
Yes, the MX-6 or Probe flywheel will fit a MX-3 trans bellhousing. There is no difference in the trans case since it is still a G series trans ;)
My Alum flywheel is Aasco for a Mx-6/Probe and works very well.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

PATDIESEL wrote:I didn't think there were 9lb flywheels made anymore. Aasco is like 12 iirc, but anyway.
My Alum flywheel is Aasco for a Mx-6/Probe and works very well.
no, the fidanza and aasco are both 9 lbs. (I've weighed them myself). here is the thread I started when I was debating what flywheel to go with: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=66748" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am curently using the fidanza in the DD and the Aasco in the RC. I think they both feel the same (they should) and I have not had a single issue with either of them. The surfaces are replaceable and I think they are well worth the investment.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”