MX3-4U2NV - 1996 MX-3 GS - Polished Headlights

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Pritchett
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: MX3-4U2NV - 1996 MX-3 GS - Polished Headlights

Post by Pritchett »

Whats in the headlight kit?
93 mx-3 GS (KLZE w/kl01 cams, XTD stage 3 clutch, Outlaw intake/throttle body spacers, throttle body coolant delete, headers, full 2.5" exhaust w/resonator and 40 series flowmaster, filled engine mounts)
99 silverado
TrevorTheGallant

Post by TrevorTheGallant »

Headlights look real good now! I have to do that to my drivers side headlight. :P
diezzel

Post by diezzel »

I did that myself and it works awesome , but I got lazy and went and got a couple sets of euro glass.No more sanding. :) Much easier that way.The kit has different sanding pads some cream polish and a buffing pad.You will need a power drill.I used my cordless but there is not enough power. :shrug:
MX3-4U2NV
antispam: No

Post by MX3-4U2NV »

Pritchett wrote:Whats in the headlight kit?
Comes with all the sanding pads, and an adapter you attach to your household drill, providing it has sufficient RPM's
TrevorTheGallant wrote:Headlights look real good now! I have to do that to my drivers side headlight. :P
It's not hard to do, took maybe 15 minutes each light.
diezzel wrote:I did that myself and it works awesome , but I got lazy and went and got a couple sets of euro glass.No more sanding. :) Much easier that way.The kit has different sanding pads some cream polish and a buffing pad.You will need a power drill.I used my cordless but there is not enough power. :shrug:
I have an almost new Makita cordless 18v drill, I had to slow it down, too much RPM's
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I use a Mothers Power Ball (the small one) and it works great for polishing. Just did my MX-6 lights last nite by hand for like 1 minute each with Meguires mirror glaze 17 clear plastic cleaner. Man that stuff works really fast. It also took scuffs off my side visors after just a couple of wipes. Amazing. http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-10-Plast ... B0002VAZ34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good write up so far keep it up.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”