Adj. Fuel Pressure Regulator + Sport Cams problem

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: Adj. Fuel Pressure Regulator + Sport Cams problem

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I'm sorry... did you just say that you were getting knock... then decided to floor it?

Burning oil is never good. Hope it's just a seal or something minor.
djArias
antispam: No

Post by djArias »

well... the point is that I was on my way back from my friends garage and as I'm not a car mechanic I did not know that this sound was knocking (please dont comment on my stupidity), and as I had new camshafts installed I floored it a little bit, than I realized that something may be wrong with ingition set it properly and well "small problems" with oil began. Other thing is that there seems to be extreme increase of Exhaust Gas Temperature. I'm afraid that this engine won't last long... Oil that I'm using is 10w40 some say that due to increase of temperature in engine bay I should go for something like 5w50/10w50...

Just crossed my mind If I killed my b6bf maybe I could swap to BP from 323f 1997:
looks the same as mine 1.6 engine so most probably I'll be able to swap it plug and play?
b6BF 116hP@6431RPM ;>
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

from some one who has put NA cams in the B6 you should have spent you money on adjustable cam gears rather than the FPR. Just saying... way more benificial for you. easiest thing to do is run a 92-93 engine bay harness with all the sensors, swap the distributor to an exturnal coil from a BP and run a NA BP ecu, red lines at 7200RPM. and it will increase your fuel ever so slightly. Then swap to an RX7 VAF and adjust it. alot of options out there. my cams are 11.2mm lift and 280 duration :)
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I have seen a white cloud from oil usually from someone over filling their oil. Other than that it's from a coolant leak. So which are you loosing oil or coolant?
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
djArias
antispam: No

Post by djArias »

Thanks for ideas :) I'll consider them. As for now I'm kind of "IN love with B6BF" :D And I want to achieve full power of it. :)
But I have a small problem with AFPR -> I've set it at 3.9 at idle (manual says that at OEM Setup it's 3.5) but at full throttle I goes up to 4.1 - 4.2, my friend said that in mazdas the vacuum at full throttle is around 0.8 so I should get something around 4.7... Is my friend wrong or is there something wrong with either vacuum (taken directly from intake mani.) or fuel pump...? any ideas.

WIth oil it's quite strange -> I'm loosing it till it reaches somewhere around "Low" at the dipstick scale and then it's ok...
b6BF 116hP@6431RPM ;>

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”