Doors from a 93 fit on a 94?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Maliceday
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Doors from a 93 fit on a 94?

Post by Maliceday »

Wanting to switch to elecric windows and such, but instead of adding motor and harness and all of that, I am just going to swap the doors if they will fit. Anyone know if they will fit right? I can work out all the wireing if they do.
Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD. You know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences...
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Re: Doors from a 93 fit on a 94?

Post by mikeinaus »

yeah you shouldnt have a problem. just make sure you dont brake the connector for the wiring harness near the hinges. theres 2 clips on the sides inside the door fame you need to pinch then it will pull out.
Savin

Post by Savin »

From what other members have said in the past, the cars are already wired for electric windows. So if you get the doors and the wiring harnesses that go with the doors, there should be connectors inside the car you can plug in to.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

the wiring harness would be those plugs :wink:
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Took me like 2mins to remove the electric window assemblies. I'd use whatever doors are in the best shape rust wise. Remember, the electric window switch wiring changes from 93-94.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
DeepBlueMX3

Post by DeepBlueMX3 »

Daninski wrote:Took me like 2mins to remove the electric window assemblies. I'd use whatever doors are in the best shape rust wise. Remember, the electric window switch wiring changes from 93-94.
Yeap there's a thread for that
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=66265" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :D
MX-3 B6ZE Noble Green

My Worklog
Maliceday
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Maliceday »

Sounds great, and thank you. I noticed that there was a fuse slot for the pwr windows and figured that there was either a wire bracket that just needed connected, or that I would have to make one, but with going through all the wire diagrams that wouldn't be to difficult to fit them in if that were to be the case. I'm probably heading back down to the yard sometime between Thursday - Saturday and check the shape of the doors and such. All I would really have to worry about then would be paint.
I'm working on picking up a cheaper air compressor and a sprayer and figured I could give it a shot and see how it works. The doors will give me a pretty decent 'test plate' to work on till I can get it down pat I figure, then, on to painting the full car.
Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD. You know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences...

Return to “Appearance”