[GI] ITB's for all 4 cyl models

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
4gotn

Re: [GI] ITB's for all 4 cyl models

Post by 4gotn »

Real Power Motorsports
pensacola fl
the guy is trying to get a hold of his welder
from what hes told me he can make the manifold and throttle bodies one piece...
just one flange and some pipe and the itbs
been sick lately and been working like a dog, wonder if the two have any coalition :p
ill be tracking down the OTHER short this weekend...this one should be simple though...at least i hope so...>_<
1994 MX-3 1.6L B6DE 16v DOHC - rear disc swap, nix power steering/ac, Corksport f&r strut tower bars, Pedders urethane control arm bushings, urethane motor mounts, steel braided brake lines, painted dash, protege tranny
90 Miata w/ b6, Konig Lightspeed rims, Cams (boost to come soon)
74 Porsche 914 w/ 1.8L - restoration prooject

4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

electrical issues fixed
still working on the manifold....why is everyone so unreliable....???
seeking alternative methods...
1994 MX-3 1.6L B6DE 16v DOHC - rear disc swap, nix power steering/ac, Corksport f&r strut tower bars, Pedders urethane control arm bushings, urethane motor mounts, steel braided brake lines, painted dash, protege tranny

MapaX5
antispam: No

Post by MapaX5 »

Do you have the irtbs themselves already? The local guy might be able to fabricate them, but he wants to see them. I have a DOHC, and my friend has a SOHC, so we might be able to get them for both engines.
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

indeed i do
i haven't finished porting the itbs, the injector holes need to be filled, but other than that their fine
i can get some locals to make the flange but the pipes and welding are the issue im running into
i would like to see their work though
im making a list of people to call tonight, for the pipe fitting, and ill call them after i get off at 4:30 tomorrow
im almost to the point that im just going to measure the two circumferences and get an appropriate pipe size and just make the port oval myself...
all ill need is a rubber insert and a rubber hammer if i wanted to be brutish about it

MapaX5
antispam: No

Post by MapaX5 »

Well, I suggest you make haste, my friend, I can't keep waiting forever for these things, you know. Lol.
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

i cant help it
people around here just f@#$king suck
im doing what i can and i realize its not enough at the moment
most people who i talk to are unwilling to do it on such a small scale and so few so im trying to find someone who wont charge 800 for the completed manifold
one of my co workers is leaving this seasonal job and is opening up his shop next week
he told me to come by with the parts and he should be able to make what i need, im not holding my breath
please be patient...thats all i can say...

mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

maybe you should look into this:

http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=31035" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

im waiting for my account to be activated
wtf btw...i cant even view the post until i kiss someones a--???
going to call the guy this week... ill post something...

mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

this is what it's on that forum's thread:

I just got back from having lunch with Gabe at Techno Toy tuning. Gabe said he would create a adapter plate just like they make for the 4AG but for 1.6 and 1.8 motors. We need 20 1.6 and 20 1.8 people interested in either purchasing at the group buy rate or purchasing it in the future. The adapter plate will use AE101 Silvertop 20v ITB's. As most of us know Techno Toy Tuning has been around for a long time now and builds various parts for the Datsun 510, 240z, AE86 , AE92 & MR2 Their products are top notch at a affordable price. Gabe isn't asking for any money down. All you need to do is send me an email saying you would like to be part of the group buy or you will buy one in the future. According to Gabe it will take 1 1/2 months to produce the product. This will give everybody time to save some money.

3 adapter plates will be made 1.6, 1.8NA & 1.8NB for 99-00 head

Price - Group buy $200 After group buy $250

T3 is giving us a great deal on pricing for velocity stacks and vacuum manifold. These prices are only good for people who are on the list for this group buy only.

Velocity stacks - $144 for a set. Available in Silver, Red, or Gold

Vacuum Manifolds - $36

Please fill out the form and email it to garagestar@gmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Name -
Email -
Forum & Forum Name -
Motor - 1.6, 1.8NA or 1.8NB

Thanks
Ken
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

thats interesting but not really helpful at the moment
i thought about making the flange to couple the two but it seems to be cheaper and more sturdy to just make one flange and weld the pipes to the itbs
this would make it one solid piece and easily removable
im also going to make a turbo manifold out of this but im still working out the first step of finding someone to do the work
im working 48 hours this week but luckily i get off at 4:30pm every day so ive got some time to run around
if anyone has any feedback please feel free to post it, i just dont want to hear hurry up

mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

DO NOT WELD THE ITBS! I can't remember the reason why, but I know it wasn't a good thing. Mybe look more into it. Maybe it will mess with your idle. Also, remember to buy a Synchronizing carb gauge. Do not buy the liquid filled ones, the engine WILL suck all the fluid. (I had that problem lol) I just ordered my needle gauge style from ebay.
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

these are not side draft carbs
they are independent throttle bodies
they will run off your stock injectors....

i havnt read any reason not to weld them

mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

I know that already. Well if you do weld it, make sure you have those ITBs as straight as an arrow. Also you might want to reinforce the flange so the vibrations wont cause some sort of stress and create a crack. I still think it's a bad idea, but that's just me.
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

good news!
i found a local shop that can do the work!
they have experience doing work on vw boxter engines so the guy said it sounds simple enough that he'll only charge me a couple hundred for labor
well see how that gos though...
im also picking up some intake gaskets and a new disty monday when i go see him w/ parts for an estimate

4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

guy said welding to the bodies will cause warpage so thats not going down
he also said for the first manifold it would be about 1500...
dont know about any of you but i dont have that kind of money laying around...
im looking for alternatives....again......

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”