Do you wave at other MXers?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions

Do you ever wave at other MX drivers?

Yeah, all the time!
60%
Once in awhile -- if the driver's hot
8%
No, never -- what kind of numbskull are you?
32%

Total votes: 25

Dark_Rider2k3

Re: Do you wave at other MXers?

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

I don't really wave at other MX'ers. Most of them around here are owned by people who really aren't enthusiasts and just have the car for driving. And this one.. it's so sad.. it's like a few blocks or so away from me.. the paint is pretty much gone, and it has nothing where the garnish should be so you can tell water is getting inside it.. so sad!

Though I was pleasantly surprised/excited when an MX'er (sleeper6) blew past me on the highway. Was awesome to see someone else near me who cares about the car!
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sleeper6 »

Dark_Rider2k3 wrote:I don't really wave at other MX'ers. Most of them around here are owned by people who really aren't enthusiasts and just have the car for driving. And this one.. it's so sad.. it's like a few blocks or so away from me.. the paint is pretty much gone, and it has nothing where the garnish should be so you can tell water is getting inside it.. so sad!

Though I was pleasantly surprised/excited when an MX'er (sleeper6) blew past me on the highway. Was awesome to see someone else near me who cares about the car!
I rev the engine twice, then see if they can keep up when theyre next to me Lol @ darkrider

But yea most of the time they dont even seem to care theyre driving an mx3, makes me sad :(
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Sleeper6

Re:

Post by Sleeper6 »

nos92mx3 wrote:Ive waved at a few of the mx's around my area though, i have yet to get a wave back and only a couple of ill follow you if you follow me sorta things, most of them have the white knuckle express going on and refuse to look at me. Except for the time when i was tuning my car about 2 days ago and pulled out behind another mx and came along side and "blew off" along side of him. The Look on his face was priceless. :shock: :o <- those 2 tied together
Alright where are you in farmington, I need a fellow mx'er to tune with. Ill come wave at you then we can follow the others while I drool at your turbo setup =P
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

nope, never. all the mx3s around here and driven by highschool kids with altezzas and a big wing. i refuse to be a part of it. so no waving.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I've been riding motorcycles longer than some members of this forum have been alive and I have witnessed the demise of the wave slowly over the years. 20 years ago, there was a real feeling of brotherhood among motorcyclists. You always got a wave and you knew that if you broke down, the next bike that happened by would stop to help out...it was just a given. But then guys started to get to cool to wave and now it's all but dead. The wave used to really mean something...but it's over. This generation doesn't understand that kind of thing I think.

I'm sad and bitter about it.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

haha I'm glad you revved at me sleeper. I was losing hope that in the Pittsburgh MX-3 community.
atomic froster

Post by atomic froster »

theres one or two nice ones in town... no klze's that ive heard off.. i've tried the head nod technique... mixed results lol
Tollis

Post by Tollis »

I flash my highs mxers but there's only about 4 around here. Few old people and 1 huge ricer I've kept mine clean all blacked out. Kind of embarassing what's here really
Cody
1993 GSZE SE
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

I would wave... if I ever saw them driving. I've seen 2 red ones, a white one, a black one, and a blue one... all parked. well... 1 was at a gas station, I had a hard time deciding which to look at... the car, or the driver. Both caught my eye damn quick. ;)

Edit: I saw a sleek and sexy red GS on the 6th... BEAUTIFUL car... I don't think the owner is on the forums, but whoever it is either took damn good care of it, or paid alot to fix it up. It's gorgeous... No joke.
Last edited by MrMazda92 on May 7th, 2010, 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

I usually wave, but it is rare to see an mx-3 driving around...What really throws them off, is if I wave and I am not in my mx :lol:
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I had a guy in a honda give me a big thumbs up one day last summer. I assumed it had something to do with the car...but maybe he thought I was cute.

The majority of MX-3s I see are driven by poeple who are clearly not enthusiasts so I don't wave. On a side note I have still never ever seen another Raspberry SE in person...I would definitely wave for that. As far as I know mine is the only one in Edmonton. I did see a really messed up Black SE once.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

I would like to wave but as many have said, I would prolly get looked at weird (and I have). When these cars are priced the way they are, you get drivers that will buy them, beat em, and get rid of them and not realize/take advantage of their potential.

I love these cars and still plan on having one until I'm old. In which case, I'll be "that old guy" driving around in the MX that will wave back to you!

I find myself wanting to pull people over so that I can talk to them about their car, only because there aren't many MX's around here.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

mazdags94 wrote:I would like to wave but as many have said, I would prolly get looked at weird (and I have). When these cars are priced the way they are, you get drivers that will buy them, beat em, and get rid of them and not realize/take advantage of their potential.

I love these cars and still plan on having one until I'm old. In which case, I'll be "that old guy" driving around in the MX that will wave back to you!

I find myself wanting to pull people over so that I can talk to them about their car, only because there aren't many MX's around here.
Erm... I did that twice last week. =) Luck was with me, the girl who owned the red one is selling it. My girlfriend begged me to look it over.

Any problem areas that you guys recommend I look at?

It's a '93 RS, blaze red with an overall good body. No dents except the hood, good paint all over. Haven't looked at it mechanically yet... gonna do that tomorrow.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Things you can check:

rust all over!
-under hood at the latch
-all the wheel wells. It rots into the rear cabin (towards the flip up panels) as well as into the rocker as well as to the outside
-under the front mud guards
-the underbody, rockers and frame and floor. also check in the rear bumper where the rear washer tank fits

suspension
-stab links push hard up and down, any movement and they're done
-push on the top of the wheel. If it clunks or clicks or anything, the bearing might be done.
-Check the LBJ and steering knuckle boots for rips. boot is ripped part is done.
-Push hard on each corner of the car. if it bounces (as apposed to rising once) the strut is dead
-check for broken springs. the fronts break at the bottom, the rears break at the top.
-check the strut tops for rusting through

exhaust
check the exhaust system for any serious damage, or leaks. It loves to leak around the cat. Also, the joint over the rear subframe loves to break loose too.

make sure all the things work! A/C, sunroof, windows, power mirrors, all fan speed levels, cruise, ebrake, lights, etc.

see what condition the carpet and vynl is in. The centre console top loves to smash open (no idea how people do this)

make sure the rear hatch struts hold it up

check the K's on the odometer

check the colour inside the oil cap

turn it in lock tight corners in each direction listening for axles crunchies.

If you really have time, jack it up and take off the rear wheels and make sure the rear caliper's aren't seized, that the frames slide in the caliper. Take off the one 10 mm nut and see if you can swing it over and out. Should be easy as pie.

Thats about it, off the top of my head.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Thanks Ryan!

Some of those I knew of, but you gave me some great ideas. Real time saver!
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”