Do you wave at other MXers?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions

Do you ever wave at other MX drivers?

Yeah, all the time!
60%
Once in awhile -- if the driver's hot
8%
No, never -- what kind of numbskull are you?
32%

Total votes: 25

mamoo

Do you wave at other MXers?

Post by mamoo »

I live in Toronto, and I love my MX. I also love this forum ... I feel a real sense of community here.

As a result, when I see a fellow MX driver, I sometimes offer them a friendly wave. Usually it's just lifting a hand off the wheel or something.

Unfortunately, they usually ignore me, don't see me or look at me like I'm nuts. One guy slammed on the brakes, I think because he thought I was giving him the finger!

Am I an idiot for waving? Or do you guys do it too?
You'll take my MX-3 away ... from my cold dead hands!
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

I WAVE AT THE OTHER 3 HERE IN TOWN BUT THEY ARE DRIVEN BY OLDER PEOPLE. I WAVE BECAUSE THEY ARE SMART ENOUGH TO GET ONE OF THE BEST KEPT SECRETS IN THE WORLD
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

my dad has a Yamaha Road Star (cuirser bike) and even around the younger crowd on the sport bikes, its common sence to give a bit of a wave to fellow motor bikers, and It shoudl be the same for MXers as well.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

Lol i'm not sure its a "best kept secret" but the MX is a good car. I wave at other MXers, not always, but many times i do. Sometimes they wave back, and sometimes they look at me weird :D
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

i always do!! but i seem to get ignored
and its always hot girls too ahah
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

The car is pretty rare were I live, so I usually go nuts and blink the lights and wave frantically at them! At least they get a good laugh if they don't wave back, hehe... :)
'92 GS
My worklog
OptiX

Post by OptiX »

i wave at mx-3ers, 323ers and mx-6ers.

but only if the car is nice clean looking and well kept.

if it looks like s---, runs like s---, and is multicolored... i feel they should not get recognition for the way they treat their mazda's

usually tough, i get a wave back... and im from hamilton... where the people are usually fucked.
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

I usually flash (headlights) @other MX-3 drivers.
Image -Jim
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

ya i wave to other mxers all the time, and its a bonus that 90% of them around here are hot girls lol.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

I haven't waved at any fellow MXer yet, mainly because they are too far away to see the wave and not just that.... they're a rare find in my area here.

However, whenever by chance, I happened to see one go by, I do keep my eye on it with a smile on my face and then I start to ponder,"Gee, I wonder if they are part of th MX-3.com community"?
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

OptiX wrote:
if it looks like s---, runs like s---, and is multicolored... i feel they should not get recognition for the way they treat their mazda's
I'm included in that group now. . .o well. Sucks when you can't afford to paint something.

Yea I wave - but only one other mxer around here that I know of.
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I have only waved at one MX-3 so far.. and only because of the little kid that was in the passenger seat was super excited to see another car just like theirs.. it was pretty cute really LOL Though I have talked with a few other MX-3 owners outside of their cars if the opportunity presents itself.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
93-Spec-Edn

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

only if i know them from meets. Otherwise no.
92 mx-3 RS RIP | 95 mx-3 GS sold | 93 mx-3 GS SE sold | 95 mx-3 GS present
m92_MX3

Post by m92_MX3 »

i never get a chance to wave to another one because where i live i have the ONLY ONE in town and i have only ever seen 3 or 4 pass though, There is a nice red one a town over but it has 19's !!!!!!! on it and i couldnt help but smile at it as i passed it, but someday i hope to see one thats kept well and cared for but untill then i will continue to pass them.
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
93 323 Tranny, ACT clutch, Exhaust, cold air intake, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires NGK V-power platinum plugs,engine dress up,custom interior(almost done), GS front bumper, GS 5 spoke wheels Painted white.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Hoodzy wrote:i always do!! but i seem to get ignored
and its always hot girls too ahah
Hell ya, of course I'll wave or at least flash the lights whichever would be best at the time. I actually pulled alongside a black MX on the highway on my way home froma meet and kinda did the the old "I'll follow you for a while and then you follow me for a while thing" Well, they weren't up for it. Actually I think they didn't want to have any sort of association with another MX. Maybe because it was dark and neither of us could see who was inside each other's car. Hey even if they don't wave back, don't be discouraged, it may have been the first time another MX waved at them. Perhaps the next time around they will remember and wave at the next MX they see. Hey, pass it on, it could be infectious.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”