OBD1 error codes 25 & 69

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jakegaisser

OBD1 error codes 25 & 69

Post by jakegaisser »

I have a 1994 Mazda MX-3 I dropped in a KLZE curve neck about a year ago. we are using the KL02 VAF and the ECU from a 2.5L USA MX-6.

I am getting error codes 25 (Solenoid valve - pressure regulator control) and 69 (Water thermosensor - Fan).

here is my other post that shows the manual: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=73233" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not sure what solenoid I am looking for and where it is located. also on error 69 it sounds to me like the sensor might be ok? but just registering high water temps? or does it mean my sensor is bad, also from what I understand there is more than one water temp sensor on the car... where would this one be located?

Thank you so much for your help :) This web site has been an amazing resource
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Re: OBD1 error codes 25 & 69

Post by mikeinaus »

on 92 and 93 cars there was a 2nd sensor by the coolant fill valve. if your ecu is from a 92 or 93 its giving the code because the newer motors dont use the sensor. get a 94+ ecu or get the sensor then drill a hole into the fill neck and jb welt the sensor into place.
jakegaisser

Post by jakegaisser »

well the KLZE engine came out of a millenia I believe, it has the curve neck.

It looks like I actually might have both sensors, is this the ones you are talking about?
(also which of these two sensors would be the one throwing the code 69)

jakegaisser

Post by jakegaisser »

I was at the wrecking yard today. There were not any 1994 626 or Mx6 cars.

I ended up seeing the 93 though and I saw the extra sensor you were referring to. which means we actually have 3 on the 94, 2 temp sensors and one dash gauge sensor.

My question is, does my 94 car even have the wires for that extra sensor? couldn't I just piggy back the one thermosensor to the other so I can shut up the stupid engine error code.

mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

thats a good question... if your harness doesnt have the plug for it you probably need to get a new harness. replace the ecu to a 94+ or harness to a 92/93, do whatever is cheaper from the wreckers(ecu would be easiest, by far). someone else will probably know more but those are probably your best bet if you cant live with a cel.

does your rad fan go on as soon your car gets warmed up? thatd be because of that temp sensor... the ecu uses it to tell the rad fan when to turn on. because you dont have it the ecu is compensating by turning it on right away.

edit: i just reread what you said. it may be possible to wire in the new sensor into your existing harness if the plug isnt already there. but i highly doubt you could trick the ecu with just the 1 sensor.
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

If you havnt fixed the issue by now I know how to fix it. Im in the same boat but I fixed my code 69
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

And if you find a MX6 I need a drivers window switch and a power antenna thank you. :D It's very easy to drill the neck and install another sensor.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”