mazdags94 - 1994 MX-3 GS DE (sold)

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Dani66
antispam: No

Re: mazdags94 - 1994 MX-3 GS

Post by Dani66 »

Amazing work on it so far, I'm sorry you have to sell it. would you be willing to part out the front lip on it?

let me know

Good luck with the Baby.
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

I'm not going to part her out.... at least not yet anyways. I would like to get her running before I sell her just to eliminate any headaches for the future owner.

[sigh] I just wish I had more room, more time, and more money...
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Work completed as of today 1/18/10:

Connected harnesses
SS Autochrome Headers and Collector Pipe
EGR delete (with aluminum plate) and bypass
Connected Vaccuum hoses
Extended wire harnesses
Wire in MTX tranny

In process:
- resoldering ecu
- modifying cat back exhuast to fit headers
- steering wheel bracket install
- refinish 3 remaining rims

Need to complete:
- new drivers side axle
- Clutch master cyl intstall and clutch line (bleed)
- Obtain/install topside MTX mount
- install front/rear rotors/pads
- install lower ball joints
- Install tire rod ends
- relocate battery to trunk area
- New ground wires (0/1 gauge)
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

good to see yer gettin stuff done. I'd like to eliminate my egr aswell. I made a plate and all but im not sure whats involved electrically and vaccum wise. Any tips?
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I just shaved a nickel's diameter to fit the hole in the header for the EGR tube, and screwed the end part back in without the tube, and did the same on the engine. Then I put some Aluminum tape over the hole under the IM.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Really, all you have to do is block off the hole in the head for the egr to keep the vacuum in the engine. Then all you have to do is keep the harnesses hooked up on the solenoids and egr valve so that your CEL doesn't come on. I dont think you have to keep the vacuum lines hooked up either. Just make sure to plug any lines that may be shared with the VRIS vacuum source ("t" fittings). I think theres only one to plug. I also just disconnected the egr vac lines and re-routed the coolant line from the right cyl head directly into the TB, which bypasses the egr completely.

This is based on information I've read on here.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Lookin good. You're selling the car?
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Well, I am but not aggressively. If someone serious wanted it, I would sell it. If not, I guess I could keep it. The issue is that I have a new baby on the way and could also use the cash. On the opposite side, I could also use some DE power/fun in the summer. This has been a three-year project so far without even putting it on the road. The problem is I have low funds and I refuse to leave any stone un-turned or to half-a** anything in this build, which means $$$$. It's a slooooow project but I have been growing weary of dreaming about what she'll feel like when I'm done. All my friends/family members (except my wife) think I should keep it because I love it so much.

It's just up in the air and I guess a solid offer could push me over the edge. Otherwise, maybe when she starts I'll be pushed in the other direction :).

My dilemma is that I realize the benefits of selling it but equal to that are the benefits of keeping it.

If I sell it, I can say that someone will get a well-built car that has been taken care of. Until then, I do love working on it.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

so block-off plate, plug exhaust, leave all crap plugged in, cap vac lines, re-route coolant...Easy enough, thanks
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

You can prolly add probinator chip in for that too if you dont wanna throw a code. See this topic:
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... 25#p538425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

I'll keep you posted on what I do.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

cool thanks
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

2-28-10:

SHE FINALLY RUNS!!!!

Fixed the ECU, reinstalled the TOT57171 Disty, and she started right up :).

SOOOO, excited. Now I have to do some fine-tuning to calm her down a bit (3000rpm idle) but nonetheless, it was an exciting day!
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

sooo awesome dude, cheers!
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Thanks man, have you started up yours yet????
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Have some more work to do for sure (re-looming for sure), but I have my intake where I want it, and the battery is back in, with the straight neck. Here's how she looks now:

It just feels good... :)

More pics to follow as I finish some things up and clean up the bay even more.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”