MX-3 Hatch won't stay open, any ideas?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: MX-3 Hatch won't stay open, any ideas?

Post by MrMazda92 »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:WTF?
You are not making any friends here. When you piss off one of our highly respected members, you piss off anyone they helped. Please try to take the advise you were given. I don't know how you can go through school for 5 years and fail to understand how a strut works.

Buddy, I didn't come on here to make friends. I came to trade advice/parts and learn.

I've met a few cool people, and a few I don't like. I won't let that ruin my life though.

Now please do me a favor... read the posts in order. My other thread was deleted I believe, but this one should say it clearly. The first post with any insults wasn't mine. Also, I'm not the one sending "I'd kick your a-- in real life hahaha im cool" PMs to other members. That was one of the "highly respected members" you mentioned, not me.

I came here to learn and work on my car, not to worship other people's egos on the internet. I don't owe him that, and he won't get it. I didn't discount his answer as wrong, I said I would likely end up doing it anyway. I simply said I wanted to know the CAUSE of the problem before I put money into fixing it. That's reasonable, is it not?
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
PoisonDrop

Post by PoisonDrop »

Forgive me if you find this rude but...

This is the first instance of rudeness in your old thread. This is a quote from you yourself, in which you seem to acknowledge your own rudeness.
Why of course, why didn't I think of that... it was a pair of struts holding up empty air. How naive of me...
This is the second rude quote from you (of many more). Both of these are in response to GENUINE help from a few members, including myself.

I'm not trying to engage you in any way I'm just stating the facts.
93 MX-3 BP - Worklog
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

You are the weakest link.........
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I consider myself to be objective, and don't have anything to gain or lose.
If you compare your (MrMazda92) general tone to a random sampling of posts over the years, it is relatively antagonistic. Personally, I have just ignored the people who came across this way, and know that the people who have the best answers do the same.
Actually, when I first joined, I was exactly the same way (I thought I was just being challengeing), and found that I wasn't getting answers, and eventually started over with a new screen name. It's true that there's no requirement to be friends with anyone here, but if you are perceived a certain way (whether you feel justified or not), you won't get quality help. You can't catch flies with Vinegar.
If you don't like an answer, it's just as easy to ask nicely for clarification.
I'm the cheapest guy on here :? and I wouldn't want to spend $$ on struts if I didn't have to, but we were trying to tell you that you have to.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

fowljesse wrote:You can't catch flies with Vinegar.
No but there's plenty of them around sh*t! :P But seriously, jesse has a point ;D
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Again, trying to be helpful. In your other thread, you were civil and were requesting random parts to restore your car. I pointed you in the direction of one... And hope that all turns out well. Anyhooo, just by looking at these 2 different threads; which did you have better luck in?

There is nothing wrong with making friends... or at least playing nice. You get out what you put in here. Keep in mind we are a community, not just a bunch of car guys. I'm more likely to shovel my neighbours sidewalk then sh!t in his driveway.

Lets just say that the duration that the struts were uncompressed caused some sort of leak before they were installed. Lets face it here... all we can do is guess, there is no way that anyone can tell you the exact reason that your struts failed. They were used, not the end of the world.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Rear-H ... 4cecc24bce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

PoisonDrop wrote:

This is the first instance of rudeness in your old thread. This is a quote from you yourself, in which you seem to acknowledge your own rudeness.
Why of course, why didn't I think of that... it was a pair of struts holding up empty air. How naive of me...
This is the second rude quote from you (of many more). Both of these are in response to GENUINE help from a few members, including myself.

Okay, thanks for the facts. You left a *tiny* bit out, but I think we all got the general point. :)

The second quote was after he asked me if the hatch was gutted(I said that it was complete in my original post), and then he made the obvious statement that if it had been gutted it would be light weight.

I wanted to find the problem(if there was one) before I went out to replace the struts. I didn't agree with him, and he PMd me threats because of it. His profile said he's 28... I haven't ever met a 28 year old who threatens to "throttle" someone because they didn't like their advice.

I know you aren't jumping on the "MrMazda92" is a douchebag wagon, but I was just letting you know more of the story. I didn't fly off the handle for no apparent reason, I was slightly sarcastic after he started insulting my intelligence. Then I went to downright unpleasant after he felt the need to threaten me with a PM on a forum. I mean seriously... Sending me flower arrangements with the words "Eat s---" on the card would be more intimidating... I never understood the value people place in the internet for hostile communication. It loses some of its power when it's text based I guess.

Anyways, I'm done ranting. Hope you all enjoyed your holidays!!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

and i thought i was retarded because i couldn't figure out how to make my car go into diagnostic's mode.

ghahahah

this takes the cake.
CF Hood, Kenwood everything, 2.25 catback exhaust, H&R Springs, F&B Strut bars

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good afternoon from the biggest Douch around;D
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

Mx3Kid16 wrote:and i thought i was retarded because i couldn't figure out how to make my car go into diagnostic's mode.

ghahahah

this takes the cake.

oh and uhh i figured out a way for you to fix your hatch..

every time you open it, just put a pair of vice clamps on your strut "the chrome area" (make sure its REALLY tight) so you wont hurt your head.

it will work ;D

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

MrMazda92 wrote:
PoisonDrop wrote:

Okay, thanks for the facts. You left a *tiny* bit out, but I think we all got the general point. :)

The second quote was after he asked me if the hatch was gutted(I said that it was complete in my original post), and then he made the obvious statement that if it had been gutted it would be light weight.

I wanted to find the problem(if there was one) before I went out to replace the struts. I didn't agree with him, and he PMd me threats because of it. His profile said he's 28... I haven't ever met a 28 year old who threatens to "throttle" someone because they didn't like their advice.

I know you aren't jumping on the "MrMazda92" is a douchebag wagon, but I was just letting you know more of the story. I didn't fly off the handle for no apparent reason, I was slightly sarcastic after he started insulting my intelligence. Then I went to downright unpleasant after he felt the need to threaten me with a PM on a forum. I mean seriously... Sending me flower arrangements with the words "Eat s---" on the card would be more intimidating... I never understood the value people place in the internet for hostile communication. It loses some of its power when it's text based I guess.

Anyways, I'm done ranting. Hope you all enjoyed your holidays!!
Buddy, you seriously need to take a hike. You're a douche, plain & simple. Nobody cares about your retorts. The PM that I sent you was not early on in this crap that you've begun, and simply stated the fact that I'm pretty sure I WOULD shut you up if I had the chance. I'm not an internet bully. You need to take everyone's advice and hit the road. Sell your car to someone without a vagina.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

ill drink a beer to that.. :froggie_red:

PoisonDrop

Post by PoisonDrop »

I can't believe this thread is still open...

:laugh:
93 MX-3 BP - Worklog
PilotSmack89

Post by PilotSmack89 »

PoisonDrop wrote:I can't believe this thread is still open...

:laugh:
+1
-Blaze Red 92 MX-3 RS w/ Brembo rotors, Infinity Kappas 62.9i

"MA! THE MEATLOAF!!"
MX3-Life

Post by MX3-Life »

umcamara, I dont think hes really mad at you... :) I think he's just really pissed that his hatch keeps landing on his head :lol:
God knows iv wanted to kill some people when it happened to me.

MrMazda92 you prob just installed them upside down... :welder: :oops: :lol:

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”