[GI] ITB's for all 4 cyl models

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: [GI] ITB's for all 4 cyl models

Post by umcamara »

I don't think he could've possibly screwed the spelling up any more :lol:
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

thats right mx3vr4 he couldn't have done worse
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

Okay, that's enough! You're being a loser now SuperK... if that IS your real name. Leave 3xever-4-an-mx-ongulator alone!
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

:lol: You guys wished you had my screen name! back to the topic. I want to see someone run the ITBs on MAP. I think the only reason for my car to run rich at steady rpm is the loss in compression. If my rings sealed, it would create more vacuum. I might just get a good compression engine from the JY and give it a try again.
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

lack of compression has nothing to do with improperly burned fuel...it will simply bypass the rings and burn down into your block ><
if your running rich enough to pour black smoke you have a sensor issue (which is why im running ms2)...you never did answer my question about the sensors your ran .....
1994 MX-3 1.6L B6DE 16v DOHC - rear disc swap, nix power steering/ac, Corksport f&r strut tower bars, Pedders urethane control arm bushings, urethane motor mounts, steel braided brake lines, painted dash, protege tranny
90 Miata w/ b6, Konig Lightspeed rims, Cams (boost to come soon)
74 Porsche 914 w/ 1.8L - restoration prooject

mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

well if I have a loos of compression, that means that the MAP sensor doesn't recieve enough vacuum. Am I right?Sensors: coolant, TPS, wideband, air temp, and map
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

the map sensor will read the pressure from the cylinders sucking air in
the fuel is adjusted by the map sensor
the fuel will not exceed what the map sensor reads
= sensor problem

but what i meant was what did you do about wiring up the map sensor and removing the iab and egr valve?

btw i would just rebuild the engine instead of buying a new one...it would cost the same and you would know the condition of the engine
1994 MX-3 1.6L B6DE 16v DOHC - rear disc swap, nix power steering/ac, Corksport f&r strut tower bars, Pedders urethane control arm bushings, urethane motor mounts, steel braided brake lines, painted dash, protege tranny

4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

Well good news guys
diyautotune has agreed to give me a discount on the disassembled kits
im waiting to get an email back about the price but i might as well say that jw is out of the picture because he aparently just does not get on line anymore
im searching for a manufacturer locally so cross your fingers

4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

for the sake of being up to date im searching locally for someone to make the manifolds
does anyone have any comments/questions???

93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

I searched and can't remember if somebody was mocking up a v6 version. Any chances for this coming to fruition?
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

i should be able to do this but i will either need a v6 or the manifold so i would need a volunteer
project its temp on hold
i dont have the money to pay locals to make the flanges and the megasquirt is being a pain in the a-- but im almost done with the ms
the flange i know will work its just a matter of having a couple of hundred dollars for the first one being as it will not be in bulk
i plan to have dyno results and such before any official release

93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

i got a spare manifold from my old k8 but im pretty sure that the most interest would be for a kl version.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

really all i would need is dimensions and i can build from there but i wouldn't know how reliable it would be unless i had the motor to install it on
i would also have to change the throttle bodies to three small throttle bodies which is manageable but you would need a hood scoop for proper air flow, granted the hood scoop would add a ram air effect
its doable...

93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

One other thing, for me to get in on this, it would have to be compliant with stock sensors etc. Also, my ex just had the scrappers come by and take all my spare engine parts which were many, so somebody please measure out their manifold.
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

You know making the ITBs yourself it's not that hard or expensive.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”