rotary again

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Robx1r

Re: rotary again

Post by Robx1r »

the car is stripped and semi prepped for track tryin to keep it legal!
i know the front subframe will have to be modified i've sourced 13b mounts already for it!
as for the spare wheel well the last time i had a look at it , it was behind the axle so it should fit could be tight though and as for bracing i've a full cage waiting to go in,
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Looks like you're serious about this, good luck then. I hope it all goes well for you, it'd be cool to something different. Make a work log or a walkthrough when you start putting it together, I'd be interested in seeing it.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Ya you def. seem more gung ho now that I thought you were...most people ask these questions and don't realize wth they are talking about.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

possable mx3 drift car?
do it.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

for sure, this guy is armed with optimism, confidence and alot of gung ho! Hope it goes well, then I'll pop down to mexico and get mine done :D
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Agreed. Hopefully that optimism will follow him to the end of the project.

I don't seem to be pestimistic, but i've seen RWD conversion on many cars, and it's quite intricate and complex, never as easy as it seems. Hundreds of people come here and ask about putting in V8's, rotaries, Honda motors and alot of stuff in an Mx-3, but we don't have any answers cause no one really has ever attempted those and it's all custom work. I'eve even thought of it for a short bit. If you have to ask what you have to do, than the project is usually over one's head. Those people usually disappear after we tell them the truth. I've only eaten my words once and that's with guy who made the Mazota...the Toyota motor in an Mx-3, but it was nice to see someone who took the initiative and get it done.

If you do go ahead with it, I wish you luck, but don't be surprised if it's more in terms of work and cost than you initially thought.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Robx1r

Post by Robx1r »

i may come across niave (i am really) but on every project i've ever looked at people over plan and then plan a little more which will only delay and dishearten you as you get into the project which leads to failure on epic scales now i've set myslef a nice little timescale that marco is in disbelief but as long as i have good weather and dont run out of anything i should easily do it i've set a deadline of a week to get the major fab work done ie the tunnle and rear axle not getting the motor in or anything else just the tunnel and the axle which from my experiences is more than enough
and why i asked here was you never know what some one has tried so i was just seeing if anyone had attempted it
frontpage

Post by frontpage »

hey there i am looking to do a sim mod but not using a rotary i have less experience doing mods on cars but houses, metal work, wiring etc i have a ton would love to get some pics showing some of your work if you didn't mind rear end setup, tunnel and your engine mounting i have some photo's of another rwd mx-3 but they don't show alot but could get me through but slow me down alot, thanks alot in advance
can email me at rielburrows@hotmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What is a BILLION.....???

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend:
A billion seconds ago it was 1959, and I was a teenager!
A billion minutes ago B.C. became A.D.
A billion hours ago our ancestors were apes.
A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

you'll have to do some searching, but the was a link put up a long time ago of a company that made adaptor kits for rotary engines into several mazda cars. It kept it FWD but if the rotary engine is all your really after that may be a better route. it would be worth a look. the thread is probably 3 or 4 years old by now maybe even more.
Mazda.... What happens in the parking lot, stays in the parking lot
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:I've only eaten my words once and that's with guy who made the Mazota...the Toyota motor in an Mx-3...
Got a link for that?
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:
Nd4SpdSe wrote:the Mazota...the Toyota motor in an Mx-3...
Got a link for that?
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=63532&hilit=mazota :D
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
Stonefly
antispam: No

Post by Stonefly »

Rotary is not just an engine... its a mentality and a way of life ya know... absolute simplicity at its best (so few moving parts) Definitely interested in seeing the results on this one.... keeping your head up and your eyes on the prize is half the battle in modifications ( the other half is cash and know how)
Mx-3 Project: After-Midnight

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”