MX-3 Baby Seat

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
onebrickshy

MX-3 Baby Seat

Post by onebrickshy »

Hi there,
I'm an MX-3 driver, with a pregnant wife... can anyone out there assauge my fears, and tell me that I can fit a rear facing child seat in the back seat? Is there any particular brand of child seat, and/or do you need some special kit or anything? any help would be appreciated, I don't want to have to get *gasp* an MX-6 or something... somebody please help me.....
projectzemx3

Re: MX-3 Baby Seat

Post by projectzemx3 »

a couple years ago when i worked at tim hortons a guy with an mx3 would come through and he had baby seats in there, im sure they fit.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
boosted_bullet

Post by boosted_bullet »

yeah ive fit one in. i dont know what brand it is. also i had to slide the seat up a bit :shrug:
chicks dig the rice!

-bullet
BeeLove
antispam: No

Post by BeeLove »

Okay this thread gave me some hope. I am pregnant, and currently looking in the option of rear facing infant car seats, and it dawned on me the rear seats are contoured, not flat. I was worried that infant car seats might not fit into the backseats.

Did OneBrickShy ever find herself a good seat that fit?

I have a 95 MX3 Precidia... and I don't want to get another car. I was also wondering if there is possibly an insert for the seat to make it level.

Any parents out there with any helpful advice?
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

I am nowhere near a parent, but I do know in the trunk, on the pasenger side, on the floor, there is a little metal tower with a threaded hole on it that is meant to hold a clip for child seats. Not sure if you need a clip in the trunk like that for a rear facing seat, but I know they exist, and I know my project car has one sitting in it(which I won't use for another 10 years at least) that I could ship over, if need be.

Also, I know that the mx3 rear seats fit in the back of a 323, so I don't see why the reverse isn't possible. I know the 323 seats are less contoured. This is only true for the seat bottoms, as far as I know. Go check out a scrap yard, it would likely be very cheap.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

BeeLove wrote:Did OneBrickShy ever find herself a good seat that fit?
I think you meant himself. Anyways, yes there is clips for carseats, give mazda a call, they can't be expensive. I refuse to believe that.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
onebrickshy

Post by onebrickshy »

Yeah, I actually just got one of those "H" shaped clips, that hold the seat belt to one length. (ask at your prenatal class. They'll show you). Anyway, it's pretty easy, put that clip in, and attach your car seat base, and Bob's your uncle. even with the contoured seat it's fine. I put mine behind the wife's seat, so she has her legs a bit scrunched, but... she's the one who screwed up the pills... lol. So, anyways, I figure I can drive an MX-3 until she gets pregnant with the 3rd child... so we have time. After that, I don't know what. Seriously, I stress about it. MX-3 is the only good car ever made, really.... MX-6 is okay, but... not for 3 kids. 626 V6 has a good engine, but that's it really. No good for tall guys, and handles like crap. Anyone have any suggestions???
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

minivan?

hahahahhahahaha....

No seriously, the Mazda 5 is pretty sweet.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
onebrickshy

Post by onebrickshy »

Yeah, maybe by then I can afford a used Mazda5... good call... I've been getting lots of "MPV" jokes.... :oops: But I got a couple of years to enjoy my MX-3 anyways....
MoMx-3
antispam: No

Post by MoMx-3 »

sliding up the seat and it will be fine
Stock 93 GS let the upgrading begin

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”