[GI] CARBON FIBER HATCH BB

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: [GI] CARBON FIBER HATCH BB

Post by cjthor »

Im looking into a 250 degree heating blanket as we speak. My father in law is a instructor at a welding school!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Found a local company with a vaccum forming system that should be able to help us out. Made an appt for the guy to swing by on Wednesday.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Oscar, are you okay with holding my hatch for a bit longer?
Cody
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

tehbrookzorz wrote:Oscar, are you okay with holding my hatch for a bit longer?
Shouldn't be a problem.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

EZ_4_FUN wrote:IT appears that it might be worth the investment if fowljesse plans on making several of these. I've been looking at the heater blankets and they do reach up to 400 deg F so it can do the job but they do cost $180 and you would need 2 or 3 balnkets to fully cover the area of the glass.

I would buy one if it came out as good as the slim visors.
yeah if Jesse and Jarid can figure out how to mold them it seems like this lexan piece could be a good seller... it's a huge weight reduction even without using a CF hatch surround...
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Mooneggs wrote:
EZ_4_FUN wrote:IT appears that it might be worth the investment if fowljesse plans on making several of these. I've been looking at the heater blankets and they do reach up to 400 deg F so it can do the job but they do cost $180 and you would need 2 or 3 balnkets to fully cover the area of the glass.

yeah if Jesse and Jarid can figure out how to mold them it seems like this lexan piece could be a good seller... it's a huge weight reduction even without using a CF hatch surround...
I had the owner of a fab shop come by yesterday and take a look. He said it is definitely do-able. He is going to get me a quote on 5, 10, and 20 pieces. He also said (for us local members) there is a shop 20 minutes from my house that does carbon fiber manufacturing! Doors here we come!
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Guys,

I recieved tha last batch of CF hatches to go out.

I want to remind those picking up that there will be a $50 fee to cover my gas and time from transporting the hatch from the shop to you (within GTA boundaries).

PLEASE PM ME if you are picking it up so we can arragne.

Thanks!
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

cjthor wrote:
Mooneggs wrote:

I had the owner of a fab shop come by yesterday and take a look. He said it is definitely do-able. He is going to get me a quote on 5, 10, and 20 pieces. He also said (for us local members) there is a shop 20 minutes from my house that does carbon fiber manufacturing! Doors here we come!

OMG I WOULD SO GET THE DOORS!!
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

New thread time?

I would be interested to see if this is something Oscar would consider making, but I wouldn't have cash for it for awhile.
Cody
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

To those that still have yet to pay for shipping; Its time!

US ORDER prepays $200 shipping, of which the difference gets credited back to you, as discussed in the past.

CDN ORDER prepays $150 shipping, of which the difference gets credited back to you, as discussed in the past.

CDN PICKUP: $50 handling fee; I meet you in the GTA.

I can no longer hold onto these as they are taking up needed space.

Please figure out how you would like to proceed and let me know.

Thanks.
OSKY

EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Guys!

I need these gone ASAP. Please arange for pickup or delivery!!

i can't hold on to these any more... they need to go!
OSKY

tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I'll try to get payment to you asap.
Cody
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Just got it. Pretty..
Cody
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Excellent!
OSKY

EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

WHO HAS NOT YET RECEIVED THEIR HATCH?
OSKY

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”