[GI] CARBON FIBER HATCH BB

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

[GI] CARBON FIBER HATCH BB

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

This thread has gauged that we can get enough commited ppl for me to start a BB.

THE PRODUCT HAS BEEN COMPLETED AS OF NOVEMBER 29. SHIPPING WILL START MONDAY DECEMBER 1ST.

THE FIRST DELIVEY IS TO COLIN AS WELL AS FURTHER TEST FIT SHOTS DONE WITH BETTER LIGHTING.

Official weigh in:

OEM Glass: 48 lbs
OEM Frame: 28 lbs
CF Frame: 12lbs

Lexan window will cut that number down dramatically but due to legal issues, it will not be offered.

$600 + shipping for Carbon Fiber

$500 + shipping for fiberglass

Dep 1: $200
Dep 2: $200 ($100 for FG)
Dep 3: $200 (+ shipping cost + 5% donation to mx-3.com)

for more info and up to date BB member status:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=66689" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Being the donor entails removal of the hatch, glass and approximately 3 month wait to have it back. I will not be responsible to have the glass re-installed.

Once I have AT LEAST 10 guys + donor then I will start working on details, timelines any any specific customization.

Coloured fabric extra $100

$USD at par with $CDN
Last edited by EZ_4_FUN on November 29th, 2008, 3:21 pm, edited 19 times in total.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Re: [GI] CARBON FIBER HATCH BB

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

:shrug:
Last edited by EZ_4_FUN on September 12th, 2008, 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Maybe a [GI] tthread needs to be posted in the FS section?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Done!
OSKY

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I am definately in... but the way other bulk buys have gone...

is there any guarantees? I mean are you doing the work or is it another company? what is their reputation like? just some more info would probably put people at ease...

and by the way we moved this thread to FS... so let us know if you want us to delete the other ones.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Im interested but... are we gonna get screwed over or anything?

any pics? Im sure once the first one rolls out we will al be willing to spend that on the hatch, its not expensive at all.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

With past bulk buys, the main cause for failure was a lack of direct contact between the R&D and manfacturer.

In the case of the CF hatch, I will be personally involved in the development stage right through to manfacturing and shipping. This potential BB is unlikely to experience any setbacks other than a nominally succesful BB would experience in ideal circumstances.

Having said that, my past BB's for the MP5, OEM and Inverted style CF hood, as well as rad supports and CF gas door replacement have taken anywhere from 2 months up to 10 months from development to final product.

That gives an easier payment option spread over a period of time.
OSKY

V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

I would be interested if there were pics of a finished product I could make a quality judgment on.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Well, I'm in on this too. Not only am I not far, but I also know where Oscar lives...Bwahahaa!

I know some people worried, especially after the turbo-kit bulk buy, but as Oscar mentioned, that's a totally different situation, and not only had he done body kit parts before, but he can and is personally getting involved. If you look at it, he's got too much reputation on the line for this BB to actually fail and people lose money. (It's one thing if it doesn't get off the ground and no one loses anything).

Unfortuantely the Turbo-BB was an entire project that was out of his hands. He was just the middle-man who took responsability in handling the funds and shipping products...and got screwed bad from it. What made it bad is that it was from a company not only very far away, but in a different country.

I know I'm biased cause I know Oscar personally and trust him. I'm putting money in on this without hesitation. I know people have their reservations about it, but I hope that my $0.02 can put some trust back in him, cause he's not a mistrusting guy, just one who got in the middle of a bad scenario that would of happened if it was him or someone else. I didn't follow it that much since I wasn't part of it, but I'm pretty sure in the end everyone got what they wanted.

There's not too much being done for our cars anymore, but it's nice to have someone who's taking the iniative to bring out new products for our Mx-3's. It would be nice to support someone with the same passion that we have and keeping pushing our car forward.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

V8KOMX3 wrote:I would be interested if there were pics of a finished product I could make a quality judgment on.
Did you have a chance to see the hoods I had made in CF? Inverted style ring a bell? I know alot of guys were very happy with the product.

Below are example of my personal work for the mx-3 community...

Rad support:

Hood:

Gas door cap:

MP5 Front:

Thanks Mikey for the support. Lets GITER done!
OSKY

V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

No I didnt have a chance to see the other stuff until now that is, they look like some good quality work.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

id be interested in fiberglass version
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

Not a trust thing on my side, I was involved in the original MP5 front bumper BB, nothing but good things :D ...Its the money thing for me, but who is not in that same boat :lol: . Not sure if it has been posted yet, but when and how much of a deposit is needed? This will most likely determine if I am all in or not (I am leaning more and more towards just going for it though :wink: ).
:D
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

hotsiit wrote:Not a trust thing on my side, I was involved in the original MP5 front bumper BB, nothing but good things :D ...Its the money thing for me, but who is not in that same boat :lol: . Not sure if it has been posted yet, but when and how much of a deposit is needed? This will most likely determine if I am all in or not (I am leaning more and more towards just going for it though :wink: ).
:D
I've been pretty easy going with deposits in the past. I understand its difficult to gather the funds for projects of this nature.

I ask that 40% of the cost be paid upfront to help with the startup costs. Of course, if 40% is too steep, I a flexible and will accomodate to your needs if that means another commited member.

Like I mentioned before, due to the nature of the project, i put the completion date towards December which will make for a nice Christmas present from Mom, Dad, Wife, partner...

FIBERGLASS IS POSSIBLE!!! $500 + shipping (educated estimate)
OSKY

EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

So far we have 5 confirmed and 2 maybe's

This is so achievable!!

I'll do this; I'll see how far I can go in terms of cost for all those in on the buy. That is the incentive I give you for taking initiative and the (calculated) risk! I cannot say for certain how much as I don't have final numbers.

For those that would rather fair on the side of certainty, it will come at a premium.

We can do it!
OSKY

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”