camber bolts

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
projectzemx3

camber bolts

Post by projectzemx3 »

when i installed my H&R springs i bought camber bolts.

these bolts are a f---in nightmare :evil: i just replaced my H&R;'s for a coil over sleeve kit and putting these camber bolts back was just awful. my srteering wheel was crooked because as you all (should) know, camber effects toe immediatly.

this got me thinkin, when i put my suspenson in i needed a alignment. when i did my engine swap i needed a alignment, when i put my coilovers in i needed a alignment, when i replaced my axle 2 days ago, i was going to need an alignment!

now i was sick of this so i took all four of camber bolts out and replaced them with the regular bolts and now i have fixed camber. this is good because now with one alignment i can take my car apart and put it back together with no alignment,

you could say that i can mark where my camber bolts were and put it back to that. but well my car is pretty much tucking in the front now and close to it in the rear and i have no huge camber issue using the stock bolts.

so what i am getting at here is that if anybody is putting suspension in there mx3's, dont even bother with camber bolts its just a waste. unless you want them to do the opposite and run crazy camber i would recommend just not using them.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: camber bolts

Post by umcamara »

I agree with your post, but there are times where they need the camber bolts to set the camber right. That's why I just have a set of camber bolts on hand, then when I (finally) go get my alignment, if they're needed they have them. If I didn't have the bolts and they were half-way through the alignment, I'd get charged for nothing, and then have to go back and pay again when I got the bolts.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

how much are those camber bolts anyways?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

I have used camber bolts on a few cars, never had any problems :shrug: They are not expensive, ~$15.00+ on avg.
:)
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

hotsiit wrote:I have used camber bolts on a few cars, never had any problems :shrug: They are not expensive, ~$15.00+ on avg.
:)
x2... running 4 camber bolts on both of my mx-3's - granted they are not extremely lowered (intrax springs) but lowered enough to when I get an alignment I want as close as possible to stock camber.

The key is to make sure you mark where they are at (or take a pic or something) before you take them out :shrug: This extra step is worth the extra amount of life I get out of my tires.

Once I get coilovers I will be using camber plates so no need for camber bolts at that point :mrgreen:
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I hate my camber bolts. I have 4 on my rear and I still have negative camber..I dont know why, I'm only running H&R's. I can't wait til I put the new bushings in, it may be a serious part of the problem. I would also love to get coilovers w/ camber plates...Specifically the probe TEIN EDIS ones, so I can adjust stuff from inside the car :o but I don't have 2k to spend on coilovers. I also don't want to go back to the extremely harsh ride that I had on the GC's. The H&R's ride quite a bit nicer.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

onlytrueromeo wrote:I hate my camber bolts. I have 4 on my rear and I still have negative camber..I dont know why, I'm only running H&R's. I can't wait til I put the new bushings in, it may be a serious part of the problem.
I'm pretty sure you are only supposed to use 1 camber bolt in the top bolt of each strut! If your camber is that bad I would suspect bent or broken parts, not just bushings :shrug:
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

well if you keep rotating your tires often and flopping them so the insides are out you will get maximum life out of your tires. i just flopped my tires inside out a few days ago so they last longer for me.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

My alignment was fine w/ the GC's but I've taken it to shops and they can't get it within spec w/ 1 let alone 2 sets of camber bolts. My front's are fine, it's just my rears. My bushings are so shot, its terrible. I'm hoping once I get them, I'll be able to sort out all my suspension woes. The parts don't look bent, and I can't see how bent parts would cause the camber to be off on both sides, but that was something I definitely looked for when having problems. I think I'm just unlucky...
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I used 1 camber bolt per corner wiht my B+G's and H&R's and I've got perfect alignment on both setups. I've never rotated my tires since I use different ones for the front and rear, and they're all directional.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”