Immigrating to Canada

Off-Topic Discussions
cris_barros

Re: Immigrating to Canada

Post by cris_barros »

'sup guys!

Just an update: I'm finally going to Canada (I'll arrive in August).

The immigration process was longer than I though (almost 2 years!), but now I can go as a Permanent Resident!!!

I'll be living in Toronto...any tip about the city is more than welcome (best neighborhood to live, apartment to rent, etc).

Thanks in advance...see you soon!!! :wink:
Cris

Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

it has lots of mx-3's for sale =P
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Wow.. cool. :) Well, pre-welcome to Canada!

I don't know much about Toronto neighborhoods (living in Montreal) but I did live in a few of the suburbs (Ajax, Pickering, Keswick, etc).

I know it's really expensive there, but there are a lot of nice areas. Lots of MX-3'ers down there too.
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

If I may add, I have heard its MUCH MUCH easier for a skilled worker to apply and obtain residency in canada than the us. An example, I immigrated to the usa, it was a bit hard. So for me it was either mexico, or usa, if usa would have declined, canada here I would have gone, anything was better than mexico for me.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Man why would you move from BRAZIL to Canada? I hate NYC because its too cold and its nowhere near as cold as Toronto, I would never be able to live there. And you're leaving some of the best looking, most sexually liberal women in the world. :shrug: The economy was be doing really really bad to leave Brazil. I wish you all the luck in the world though.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Avoid Jane/Finch and Rexdale. Do seek out Zanta.
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

NYC is cold? Heh. I live in the coldest residential part of the world... colder than Sibera :) and contrary to popular belief, colder than most of the north (because they've got a lot of ocean that doesn't freeze-latent heat. Its just that the north is colder longer.

I'd definately move to Brazil. Canada is great and all, healthcare and decent equality, but our Government is just as stupid as everyone elses...
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Flyer wrote:Avoid Jane/Finch and Rexdale. Do seek out Zanta.
Jane/Finch has such a bad rep in Canada and it was very nice when I went there with my friend to see his grandma. I was expecting a ghetto area and it was actually beautiful there, I'd be very comfortable moving there. Maybe thats just me being raised in the ghetto in the US talking though, because compared to the South Bronx where I grew up that Jane & Finch place was paradise. Even at night it was real calm and quiet. Even the area in Jamaica, Queens that I live in now is worse than that place by far.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I just got back from a business trip in Houston. Talk about opposite ends of the climatological spectrum!!! In Edmonton we're having an unusually cool summer so far, but holy crap was it hot in TX! 106F one day with 87% humidity. Winter gets frustrating but you can always dress up for the cold. You can only dress down so far before the VP of employee education's secretary tries to have you removed from the building...but seriously...it was sooo hot!

Also I love the seasons living farther north. They come and go quickly but spring and fall are really amazing. I find that the more equatorial parts of the world that I've visited don't really have seasons. I have to say that having been around western Canada my whole life, it's a toss up between Calgary and Vernon. Calgary is such a cool city and has probably the easiest winters, but Vernon is small and friendly and has beautiful scenery and BC has the best roads for riding/driving...incredible.

You're going to love being Canadian Chris. Welcome.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

There are better places to live no matter how you look at it. Whether your priorities lie in culture, workforce, metro areas, or just a nice place to raise a mess of kids. There's not a lot of culture in Alberta, and as my friends say, "You don't need culture when you got the 'rigs!". You seem like a nice guy and it's a pleasure to welcome you to the melting pot we call home. We are a diverse and open people, and I'm glad you chose Canada. And wytbishop is right, Calgary is a great city, a lot easier to navigate than edmonton, but just like Red Deer the roads suck haha.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

I want to live in an orbital space station with point-defense lasers and a long range tactical ion cannon, but that's just me...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

And I want to live on my own island like Cast Away, but with a wife and no kids.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback

Return to “Off-Topic”