Immigrating to Canada

Off-Topic Discussions
cris_barros

Immigrating to Canada

Post by cris_barros »

Hi guys!

Next month I'll be starting the process to immigrate to Canada as a "Skilled Worker" (I'm architect)...

I'm really excited about it...I was in Canada a couple of years ago, and it's one of the most wonderfuls places that I have been (not only the "physical place", but I really like the canadians..plus...there is the MX3 community :wink: )

Well...let's see what happens along this year...I hope to be in Canada until May 2008.

See yah!
Last edited by cris_barros on March 9th, 2007, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cris

Boris

Post by Boris »

Congrats, what part of Canada are you going to move to?
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

SICK man, where in Canada? Hopefully BC, most beautiful place ever!
cris_barros

Post by cris_barros »

Thanks guys!

I should go to Toronto. :wink:
Last edited by cris_barros on March 12th, 2007, 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cris

mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

That kind of doesn't make sense as many canadians want to come over to USA to live. I know of one as we speak. Although I see that Canada is very beautiful country and people are very nice. I guess its kinda of like south american states, people are nicer than up north and living is less expensive.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

lol, that's somewhat ironic since I'm Canadian and i'm working in the USA with a VISA. People are nice in Virginia, but people dont know how to drive (especially dont know how to signal, and you see people on cell phones and without seatbelts very often). I enjoy working down here, and living down here (with our dollar doing very well, and i can buy items from within the US and not pay insane shipping and brokerage/custom fees), and it's different, but I do perfer Canada, home.

Cris, you actually immigrating permanently to Canada, or just working under a type of VISA? You know you will be more than welcome in the Toronto Mx-3 club, but what about your Mx-3?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I know canada is WAY WAY better than south texas. Thats for sure. nice healthcare, nice scenery. The cold is the only thing i dont like but anyone can manage.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
hharb

Post by hharb »

generally speaking.. Canada is a nicer place to live and living standards and social life is far better than the US.. not to mention crime rates.. while you might make more money in the US.. there are alot of negative aspects on the other hand.. However there are a few american states that offer good social life comparable with Canadian provinces and somtimes even better. I'm sure cris will love it here, especially Toronto is a vibrant city.. not the best but a pretty nice city overall.
cris_barros

Post by cris_barros »

Well guys...I'm looking for quality of life.

Maybe I can get more money in USA, but I'm sure that "money can't buy everything" :lol: :wink:

Nd4SpdSe , I'm immigrating permanently to Canada...I already sold my MX-3...but guess what car I'll buy there :roll: :roll:
Cris

illapino

Post by illapino »

ha. you complain about cold weather. then why choose Toronto

that's why u go to the west. Sure, it can be cold, but summer's are hot by the water, and that's BC ... toronto will freeze u to death if u live in a cardboard box
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

I actually really enjoy saskatoon. It's incredibly nice in the summer, very very very warm, almost alawys sunny, blue skies and no polution. Also, taking a drive is very nice, but can be boring at times. Its purely flat. The people here are incredbly nice, and saskatoon is just big enough to have all the features of a big city, but not so big you get lost easily, or have to drive for hours to get to work. Also, its right in the middle of canada.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Boris

Post by Boris »

Toronto is a blast. Great city to live in, and a great nightlife too. It does get cold, but if you're in downtown you can manage to spend most of your time inside. Whether it's travelling underground, taking the subway or other public transit, you don't usually have to be outside that much if you don't wanna be.
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Come visit Montreal some time. :)
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
Neil

Post by Neil »

Manitoba is where its at! :lol: :laugh:
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hey are the girls hot in canada? :D ??
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “Off-Topic”