POLL!! 92 DASH OR 94 DASH!!!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)

Which do you like better!!

92 Version
41%
94 Version
59%

Total votes: 56

_-Night-Shade-_

Re: POLL!! 92 DASH OR 94 DASH!!!

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

solo_ryder wrote:Have any of you "wedge loving" 92 dash guys ever had or driving a car with a 94 dash? Maybe u should do that before saying anything. I have owned both versions and the 94 dash is a nice facelift for the car. Not to mention the shift boot is better, cupholders, better hvac (at least in my opinion) and a nicer passenger area.
FYI I've got both cars right now and I made the compromise to buy the 94 because it was a great deal and in really good condition. I will however swap the 92 dash in the first chance I get, I can't stand the 94 one. But enjoy your cheezy vents! :P
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
cdub92

Post by cdub92 »

wytbishop wrote:The old style dash is clean and the lines flow into the door panels perfectly. And I love my Euro vents.
I agree...just love the way it looks.
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

WOW 32 votes and it's 16 to 16.... Didn't see that commin at all! :o
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

colinsmx3 wrote:Hmmmmm that circle shift bezel has not got me thinking..... :welder:

If I was going to go and mod my interior again.... I would for sure turn the center console part toward the driver.... Just like the RX7 and Supras have.... I don't think it would be that difficult just some more fiberglass and twisting! :welder:

if you did this and kept it clean i would be inlove. i have thought about that so many times. i have also thought about modding other dashes to fit in the mx3. particularly the FD rx7 dash and center console combo.

i also prefere the 94+ dashes, they are much more modern looking when not painted up. i think the 93 dashes look good but they also remind me of the early ninetys, late 80's flat boring dash era that most cars seem to have from then.

but you could mount a butt load of gauges on that flat section of the 93 dash if you had some bad a-- boosted to shi t race slut...
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

The only advantage the 92 dash has is that a pop up screen can be mounted flush to it on top, and look stock, thought this would require a significant amount of work.
s1zzl3

Post by s1zzl3 »

colinsmx3 wrote:Hmmmmm that circle shift bezel has not got me thinking..... :welder:

If I was going to go and mod my interior again.... I would for sure turn the center console part toward the driver.... Just like the RX7 and Supras have.... I don't think it would be that difficult just some more fiberglass and twisting! :welder:
haha yeh that would actually look nice if it was tilted and a bit higher.. more wrap around.
i think i would just buy the mx5 center console trim and mod it till it fit and flowed perfectly wouldn't be too hard i think :D

also, that's another thing i like about the 94 dash
you can be more creative.. cant really do anything with the 92's without it looking out of place
s1zzl3 & s1 Designs 2009
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2312320
kast2L

Post by kast2L »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:
93vtecklr wrote:And I'll never talk down to anybody because of their preference, unless it's honda.
:lol:

Jeez I can't believe people value cupholders so much, there are ways around that like the center console if you're that desperate. I think it's cool cause I can tell people "it's too sporty for cupholders 8) " lol. Never liked the gauges in the vents idea either, I wouldn't wanna cut off ventilation and risk the gauges overheating or something.

it pisses me the f--- off that I dont have cup holders... f---ing annoying... even tho i have a 92 voting for 94 just because of that!
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

There are no beverages allowed in my car, you know, leather and all.......
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
ionic1000

Post by ionic1000 »

Well if there is any 92-93 lovers in my area that are unfortunately stuck with a 94+ dash, I would be more than happy to do an even swap on dashes with you as I have a 93 and I want the round vents! :D
boosted_bullet

Post by boosted_bullet »

IF you do decide to do that. mass produce it cuz i want in on a group buy. =]

hands down...49+dash. so much better looking then the "wedge" (imo) lol
gives us the "sporty" feeling over the "econo-box".
chicks dig the rice!

-bullet
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

I'm not sure I havent lived with the 92 style dash. At first glance the aesthetic of the 92 dash matches lines better but it does look older and cheaper. But the new dash vents suck and look lame, the cup holder is sweet!! Plus push buttons are fancier then the gross sliders. I would have to go for the 95 style just cuz i have it.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS

Return to “Appearance”