95 B6DE Real Slugish

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
jkbreazeale

Re: 95 B6DE Real Slugish

Post by jkbreazeale »

I had figured.... that a higher octane would help with the stutter problem if it was dirty injectors... guess not :crying:
1993 MX-3 RS (my project car) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3815854 <- Check out my Cardomain!
1995 MX-3 RS (wife's project car)
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

well i learned in my fuel and emissions class i took 2 years ago. run the octane designed for the engine, only reason to up the octane is if the engine is pinging(high compression, excessive nox) the car should run on 87. id try switching back and run a thing of fuel injector cleaner through it and see how it goes. was it running bad before you put in the 93. haha dont worry ive done it before i put 91 in my car and made no difference. since your running 93 the mixture might not even be burning completely in the engine.
1995 mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6liter DOHC B6-DE
s15civic

Post by s15civic »

I have a 5spd 95 mx3 and the same thing happen to mine no power at all. End up being the maf sensor. They are not cheap but you can find them at a junk yard sometimes. They are around 150.
Eat, Sleep, Customize
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

ya if the maf sensor wire is coated it could be the problem, maybe internally shorted out. id suggest taking it to someone if you dont know how to troubleshoot. just end up replacing things, might get lucky and the next thing you do fixes it or you could never get it down. gotta check everything starting with the battery.
1995 mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6liter DOHC B6-DE
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

My B6 DE I did the GS alternator swap.
I bought a new alternator, too, and it doesn't do anything for the HP draw. It just... works like the old one did.

Does help keep the lights from dimming, though!
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
jkbreazeale

Post by jkbreazeale »

It seem that after I replaced the vacuum lines, the car runs rich. I am sure that the o2 sensor needs to be replaced, should I even test it, considering that the car has close to 100K?
1993 MX-3 RS (my project car) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3815854 <- Check out my Cardomain!
jkbreazeale

Post by jkbreazeale »

In the wake of me replacing the vacuum lines, I did not realize that there was supposed to be a check valve in the hose that goes from the brake booster to the intake manifold. However the car runs better without the check valve inside the hose but at the sacrifice of an occasional soft brake. Why would the car run better when it is supposed to have a check valve inside the hose?

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”