1993 Toyota Supra
46%
1993 Mazda RX7
54%

Total votes: 26

ionic1000

Re: POLL!! Toyota Supra VS Mazda RX7!!

Post by ionic1000 »

Sorry guys but when my uncle took me to my first race it was in his brand new 1997 Supra! I became addicted to cars thanks to that car and it will always be my first love! I beg him to sell it to me at least once a year! :D
Pics of her a couple of weeks ago!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

If you want a REALLY fast, reliable straight line car, build a 350, and drop it into the RX-7. If you want an all around awesome handling car, go with the RX-7. If you want looks, go with the RX-7. Obviously, the Supra is awesome, too, but Mazda FTW :shrug:
Congratulations on your price, Colin!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
muttpower
antispam: No

Post by muttpower »

I can't decide...I'd have to take em both. :bowdown: Hell, throw in a R34 Skyline too!!! For real, I'd have to pick the RX7, due to the fact that the supra lacks big time in handeling, etc. But for how easy it is to make gobs of streetable horsepower...F*CK It, I'll drive a Honda Civic...NOT!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
1992 MX3 GS (My Project Toy)
K8DE, see web site...too many mods to list, but still growing.
2006 Dodge Durango (The Family-Mobile)
Every time you race a Honda Civic, a kitten kills a retard.
muttpower

Post by muttpower »

LOL...at the time of my vote, it's exactly 50/50!!! I imagine it'll stay that way for a while :laugh:
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Well I decided I can't sell the car.... Actually talked it over with the g/f and it wouldnt be a good idea when we are still saving up for our closing costs on the new house we get in a month! :shrug: Not to mention she said I could get a new paint job and body work done i the spring with engine if I wait till were settled in....

It's hard... it's like letting a g/f go to someone who will beat her! :crying:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Sometimes a lil beating is a good thing haha.

But seriously if you can keep it, then do so
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

muttpower wrote:For real, I'd have to pick the RX7, due to the fact that the supra lacks big time in handeling, etc.
Oh the mis-information that gets thrown around by people who have never driven a Supra. :roll: I have a 1993 Mazda RX-7 lightly modded making 360whp right now and I have also drove a stock 1994 Supra TT recently and I have to tell you that the Supra is really a hell of a car and it DOES handle great, it just doesnt feel as nimble as my car.

I'd personally go with my car hands down but I could see myself driving a Supra TT also if they were about half the price they go for currently.

Lookswise- I'd go for the RX-7, I think the front end on a Supra is hideous and it just looks too bulky for me in general.

For ¼ mile drag racing, track duty and Auto-X- I'd go with the RX-7, its lighter, handles better, and just feels so much better in the corners. The RX-7 is also alot cheaper to build and will be faster than a Supra in drag racing unless you are really going into a big budget build. For the average drag racer that can drive good and has a normal budget the RX-7 WILL run deep into the 10s with just a basic GT35R T3 housing turbo and WILL mop up a Supra from the launch until the end of the ¼ mile and beyond.

For highway runs and max power-I'd 100% go with the Supra for max power and speed. The 2JZ is a proven dyno queen and everyones seen videos on YouTube of what a highly modded Supra can do to any car on the highway.

Road and Car Meet Presence-This goes to the Supra, unfortunately, if both are dressed up similarly. For some reason even though they're not as pretty (in my opinion) the Supras will grab the attention of everyone over the RX-7, I know this first hand unfortunately :lol:. Both will get you equal undesired attention from the cops and ricers trying to race you in their Sentra SE-Rs and Focus Wagons.

Overall I think both cars are great but I'd get an RX-7 if I had the choice between the two of them (obviously). The rotary engine has come a long way from the days of not being reliable. These days everyone is doing some kind of Auxilary Injection and its really paying dividends in reliability and power on pump gas. You see more and more high power 2 rotor cars coming out with 100% meth injection, 50/50 meth/water injection, and water injection these days. If modded and tuned properly using some sort of injection, rotaries have been proving to be more reliable than most piston engines, especially in track applications.
Last edited by 2RotorsNaDream on June 18th, 2009, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

colinsmx3 wrote:It's hard... it's like letting a g/f go to someone who will beat her! :crying:
Well, if you sell if, or decide to let it go for the right amount of cash, you just got to let it go. Even before i found out my frame/underbody was shot, when it crossed my mind to part out the good stuff, swap in a K8/DE and sell it as a working car, I don't know what it would be like to see my car driving around. I wouldn't care if they crashed it the same day, it's not my problem and I wouldn't care, but I don't like the idea of my reputation driving around in the hands of someone else. People know my car, they know the looks and even the sound of it coming, so I'm glad she gets to die on a high note, and in my hands rather than in the hands on a young kid, stirring up sh-t with people and cops. But it someone gave me what I wanted, I would of let her go and just let it be, honestly.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I think the rx7 is more of a unique car than the supra, though they both deserve a place in anyone's garage!
jbud1291

Post by jbud1291 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmNy-ajRV0U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fiv2Xzq5PA

lol i think id have to go with the supra because its so rediculously fast haha.
but dont get me wrong i think the rx-7 is just as sick of a car as well as the nissan skyline
93 GS SE - Raspberry metallic. K8 - 2 1/4in exhaust w/Magnaflow street series muffler, Custom intake, Kyb Gr2's w/Apex springs, Full kenwood audio - SOLD
ionic1000

Post by ionic1000 »

For everyone that keeps talking about handling should take notice of which car is the last one on the track! :!: :!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGZk5Afj7-c
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

ionic1000 wrote:For everyone that keeps talking about handling should take notice of which car is the last one on the track! :!: :!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGZk5Afj7-c

This doesn't tell you anything other than the weight of the supra will help it keep traction in the rain.

Personally I would go for a supra, I've had a 3rd gen rx7 sitting in my drive way now for 6 years and its still nice to look at, but you can't compare to the amount of hp the supra makes under a more reliable setup. The 2jz (inline 6) is an engine in the works since the 70s and is a horse of an engine.

Now when it comes to compare the two, on a track that you actually have to turn... stock? I'm going to give it to the rx7 over the supra
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Here's a good one:
(Track)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=162jyVrma4I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Drift)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmknPJ6x ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Neither won, but you can see the Rx-7 take a tighter line with ease, and those Supra's like to squeel their tires
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
muttpower

Post by muttpower »

Oh the mis-information that gets thrown around by people who have never driven a Supra.
Errrr...I'm glad you think you know me guy. Just to let you know, I have driven my friends 1993 Mark IV Supra TT, J-Spec with too many mods to list which dynoed at 585 Hp. He let me drive it when we went to German Race Wars in Horselberg in Aug 08. From my point of view, power def wasn't an issue, but the handeling for such a powerful "supercar" could have been so much better. I'm sure if he had put more attention towards the suspension, etc, than it would have been more well rounded.
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

muttpower wrote:
Oh the mis-information that gets thrown around by people who have never driven a Supra.
Errrr...I'm glad you think you know me guy. Just to let you know, I have driven my friends 1993 Mark IV Supra TT, J-Spec with too many mods to list which dynoed at 585 Hp. He let me drive it when we went to German Race Wars in Horselberg in Aug 08. From my point of view, power def wasn't an issue, but the handeling for such a powerful "supercar" could have been so much better. I'm sure if he had put more attention towards the suspension, etc, than it would have been more well rounded.
Then you didnt drive a good example. If your friends car is 585hp and the suspension isnt up to the challenge of controlling the car, your friend shouldn't be driving it on a track. Of course 585hp and a crappy suspension would be lacking. Go look at the cars handling numbers stock and tell me that it "lacks big time in handeling, etc." as you said. The Supras handling and braking specs were almost exactly the same as the FDs stock, and whatever wasnt equal was actually better than the FDs. Its widely believed that was because the Supra TT came with far better tires but regardless the numbers on the Supra were impressive then and still are today, far from lacking big time if you ask me.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP

Return to “Off-Topic”