Show me your wheels...

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
onlytrueromeo

Re: Show me your wheels...

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Where is the diagram?

+1 Bigger brakes look SICK.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Nah..it's too late. The moment is gone. I'll do another diagram another time.

I think when the time comes to replace a bunch of brake components I'll either just do Miata sport calipers and rotors on the rear or I'll do the Monster Miata big brake kit with the Willwood fronts and RX7 TT rears.

The Miata sport calipers are only a few bucks more than our stock ones and the rotors are quite a bit larger. The Monster Miata kit is about $1000 all in and would really be sick.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I'll hafta look into this, didnt realize it all bolted on.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

it almost bolts on.

http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35400" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lots of interesting information in that thread. In a nutshell...the 99-05 Miata w/sport suspension has larger rear rotors than us with a slightly larger caliper which requires only a ~2mm spacer to bolt right up to the BG rear spindles. A guy had posted on EBAY a "Cheap Big Brake Kit" with these brackets he was selling which would allow the Miata calipers to bolt right up to Proteges and 323s. It was pretty quickly determined that the brackets that come with the Miata calipers and a couple of washers would do exactly the same thing.

It evolved from there into the Monster Miata big brake kit which includes all the brackets necessary to bolt the RX7tt rear calipers and Willwood front calipers to the Miata. And if they fit the Miata they will fit the BG's and the EC's.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Can you still use 15" rims on that setup?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

MOnster Miata says their set up fits under any 15" wheel. The Miata sport suspension comes with 15's stock.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

That muffler doesn't exist anymore, the buzzbuzz honda factor increased too much when I installed the headers.

This is a good day shot, the sun just shines off the gloss black. Red Deer Powdercoating Ltd, GO THERE!!!! Highly recommended! All four wheels powdercoated gloss black cost me $35 a wheel!! No fading, no runs, no chipping, nothing, perfect. This is the most recent pic, with the car lowered. 205/40/17 falken zex512's, it hugs corners pretty well with stock swaybars and marshmallow bushings!

Wow, that pic was taken a long time ago, last summer I believe. Before the ST greens and Tokicos. I love blaze red, I love black wheels. This is my 3rd mx-3 in that same combo!!!
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

oh god, cargasm, I love my mx-3!!!!!!!!
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

17"x7" Centerline Storm, powder coated black:

92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

those are nice!
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

you also bought that tire paint didn't you? :D
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

cool way to fit a straight neck. ^^^^^^^^^^^
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

17x7 Enkei RSF-2 with 205/40/17 Yokohamas...

Sorry, need to clean them :roll:
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
eetiennee

Post by eetiennee »

old pic Image
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

ADR revolution (very old you wont find any more)

and a question to any one with subzeros what offset are you running?
RED CAR: 94 MX-3 GS soon to be GS-R Engine: K8 weapon R intake, racing cat, pacesetter exhaust, 8.5 MM wires. Suspension and Breaks: Ground control coilovers, KYB GR2 struts, front and rear strut bars, crossdrilled rotors. Wheels and tires: ADV revolution 17" with Fuzion ZRI rubber. Body: Mazdaspeed front bumper, brand new paint job. Interior: X2 racing seats w/ 4 Pt harnesses, underglow under the dash, carbon fibre gauge bezel, reverse glow gauges, Painted trim Stereo: sony xplod head unit, pioneer 3 ways all around, rockford fosgate amp, lightning audio 1 farad capacitor, dual eclipse 12" subs. WHITE CAR: 93 MX-3 GS-R Engine: KL-ZE weapon R intake, SS autochrome headers, racing cat, 2.25 echaust with dual fartcan, curved neck intake and TB, intake and TB spacers, Stage 3 six puck clutch, 8.5 MM wires ordering fidanza flywheel this week. Suspension and Breaks: STOCK. Wheels and tires: STOCK with 225 bfgoodrich euro T/A rubber. Body: STOCK nasty and dirty car sat for four years before i brought it back to life, hood scoop. Interior: STRIPPED Stereo: Pioneer head unit, infinity 3 ways all around, rock ford fosgate amp, single 12" rockford punch sub

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”