Kl-ZE: which spark plugs

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
BornSticky

Re: Kl-ZE: which spark plugs

Post by BornSticky »

im running the probe gt PZFR6F-11 in mine right now.... well for the last 6 months i hope there not hitting they seem to look fine...hmmmm
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

Mad Cow wrote:
Evo_Spec wrote:could someone explain gapping to me? for a noob like me, bigger gap = more spark = better burning of fuel = better MPG & performance
but that can't be right, please explain ^_^
That's right but only half of it. You can only run a bigger gap if your ignition system can make a strong enough spark, if you run a big gap with a stock or almost stock system you'll get worse performance because it won't be able to spark every time.
Never really thought about the gap much even though I deal with gapping electordes on oil furnaces daily. I've had a slightly rich condition in my ZE for a while now, sooty exhaust. I've been running 5's for a year now, changing the o-rings on my injectors seems to have cut down on it a bit, but not entirely. I might try playin with the gaps a bit. I've got an MSD external coil so maybe a slightly larger gap might make a bit of a diffrenece.
v6powered

Post by v6powered »

the k8 or kl sparks have resulted a few destroyed head gaskets, so better take the 6's!
MX-3-Tom

Post by MX-3-Tom »

Really? Destroied head gaskets?
Because of the other heat range?

But BKR6E-11 are the correct ones for the KL-ZE curved neck?

I drove for about 1.500 km after the swap the KL-plugs. Then I changed to BKR6E-11.
Could these 1.500 km be a problem?
http://www.mx-3-tom.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mx-3-community.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SWAP COMPLETE: B6 DOHC (16V) --> KL-ZE (24V)
MX-3-Tom

Post by MX-3-Tom »

no more answers yet? :( :shrug:
http://www.mx-3-tom.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mx-3-community.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SWAP COMPLETE: B6 DOHC (16V) --> KL-ZE (24V)
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

MX-3-Tom wrote:The DE plugs hit the top of the piston?
Really?
Yes, they use lower compression pistons so there's more clearance. Not a good thing to go that way. I was told to use the Mx-6/626/Probe 2.0L 4cyl NGK Irridium plugs with the out-of-the-box gap. Worked great for me.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

hmmmm I think I might switch mine then.... I've been running them long enough where its probably time anyway...
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”