ze fuel injector rebuild?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

ze fuel injector rebuild?

Post by Mooneggs »

So I'm driving home and my car starts bogging down on me... same thing it did a couple years ago when the injector(s) went bad... so I've still got the spare fuel rails that went bad the first time so I was thinking about having them rebuilt.

Do I have any other options besides witchunterperformance.com? $18 an injector... :?

OR does anybody have a set of ZE fuel rails they want to sell cheap (that actually work)?
solo_ryder

Re: ze fuel injector rebuild?

Post by solo_ryder »

You can get DE injectors too, same thing
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

oh right of course... maybe I should post a WTB... man the car was running so well too... :x
mazda___mx3
antispam: No

Post by mazda___mx3 »

you can pull out the fuel rails and hook them up up not attached to the intake manifold and watch the way they are spraying, you could have just a bad injector face seal or oring.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I have the fuel rails, they were installed on my ZE and worked fine.

I swapped them out because I had another rail with freshly rebuilt injectors from a in-town injector rebuilder (with the same setup as witchunterperformance's, just no flow testing)

If you'd like the rail, I will sell.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
stereoking15

Post by stereoking15 »

remember that here in oregon we have ethanol in our fuel, at least 10% and since your sat for so long alcohol turns back to water in fuel based applications, so most likely you have water in your tank, i hate corn based fuels!
94 gs ze swapped,front mount oil cooler,b&g springs, kyb gr2 struts, vris deleted, gutted, racing 4 point harness. centerforce dual friction clutch, BREMBO ROTORS X4, CARBOTECH XP10 front pads, ebc green stuff rear PADS, corksport brake lines & clutch line, hei mod w/ msd blaster 3, MAZDASPEED motor mounts, B&M short shifter, M-FACTORY LSD, Carbon fiber hatch with lexan window.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

In local news, Fowljesse has a set of ZE rails with injectors, sitting on a shelf...
It would be a good idea to see if we could salvage yours..
P.S.
Lets run some Acetone, and 90% Isopropyl through there to see if it helps.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

as do we 10%, but my ZE has sat for long periods of time to no harm.

I would personally check in order:
Spark/Dizzy
JE50
Timing (ignition)
Fuel system(start with cheap. Filters, pressure, injectors, then pump)

Go away Jesse, I am trying to make a sale.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
stereoking15

Post by stereoking15 »

car sat since last october!! doesnt matter what fuel you have it starts to go bad after a period of time
94 gs ze swapped,front mount oil cooler,b&g springs, kyb gr2 struts, vris deleted, gutted, racing 4 point harness. centerforce dual friction clutch, BREMBO ROTORS X4, CARBOTECH XP10 front pads, ebc green stuff rear PADS, corksport brake lines & clutch line, hei mod w/ msd blaster 3, MAZDASPEED motor mounts, B&M short shifter, M-FACTORY LSD, Carbon fiber hatch with lexan window.
stereoking15

Post by stereoking15 »

also, it probably didnt help that you put alcohol in your tank to pass emissions more alcohol equal bad, alcohol does not have the same btu's as gasoline, so it literally dilutes the fuel if you use too much, :idea:
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

stereoking15 wrote:also, it probably didnt help that you put alcohol in your tank to pass emissions more alcohol equal bad, alcohol does not have the same btu's as gasoline, so it literally dilutes the fuel if you use too much, :idea:
AHA I forgot about that... so maybe if I get a red bottle of Heet and just ride it out mabye my injectors are bad after all :D
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Oh, I didn't know you already did Alky. Yeah, run it down. AFAIK HEET is Alcohol...
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I swapped to the probinator ECU - it ran fine for like 2 miles then started the bogging down... so I went to autozone before they closed and got the heet and put it in the car...

car definately runs better with the probinator even with the problem... we'll see if Heet can clear it up in the next week or so...

oh and now I have a CEL... :roll: I'll probably just take the light out of the cluster :lol:
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Moony, I do have a set of ZE injectors...

Pull your codes, with the Probinator, it's not suppose to show a CEL for the EGR...so it's gotta be something else.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”