KLZE intake inlet external diameter

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
nightfire

KLZE intake inlet external diameter

Post by nightfire »

Hey guys,

I'm doing a CAI from scratch. Can anyone tell me the ZE's intake diameter? What about the KL02 VAF's diameter?

I've searched and searched but can't find a definitive answer. Hopefully this topic will be easy to find in search.
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
marcdh

Re: KLZE intake inlet external diameter

Post by marcdh »

VAF out 86mm
VAF in 78mm
Kl31/47 TB 68mm

That's for the je50s, not sure if they're the same. That's what I had in some notes, hope they're right!
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

marcdh wrote:VAF out 86mm
VAF in 78mm
Kl31/47 TB 68mm

That's for the je50s, not sure if they're the same. That's what I had in some notes, hope they're right!
Figures. Nothing simple. :(

Ok, I'll go measure them to make sure before I order; I was hoping they were just standard sizes like 70mm.
- Gord
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

68mm ~= 2 5/8"
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Ok well for what it's worth, I ordered:

1x 2.75" aluminum pipe with 45 degree bend (12" long)
1x 2.75" silicone coupler + clamps
1x 3.25" -> 2.75" reducer + clamps
1x 3" cone filter

So I'll connect the aluminum pipe to the throttle body inlet with a 2.75" coupler, then use the reducer to connect the other end to the VAF. Then, I'll attach the air filter to the VAF inlet.

I'll post pics once I've got it all together.

I know it's not a CAI, but at least it'll get me off of the leaky stock intake crap.
- Gord
frontpage

Post by frontpage »

hi there i know this isn't really part of this but not sure where to put it has anyone seen this intake for the klze it is a custom one tried to email but there box was full .. what do you think here is the site http://www.spitzeperformance.com/Production.html
What is a BILLION.....???

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend:
A billion seconds ago it was 1959, and I was a teenager!
A billion minutes ago B.C. became A.D.
A billion hours ago our ancestors were apes.
A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”