Need Help! Big Mess! Help Guys!

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
WhoaCarter

Re: Need Help! Big Mess! Help Guys!

Post by WhoaCarter »

WhoaCarter

Post by WhoaCarter »

still no help hahha
WhoaCarter

Post by WhoaCarter »

I have found the answer
In order to convert your 1993 dash to the 1994 model you will need all of the dash obvs and the 1994 dash wire harness....
Now whoever you get the 1994 dash and harness from please ask if they are parting the whole car out and if they are can you take the inside fuse box and the fuse box from under the hood seeing as both of these are needed to complete this swap.
You will find running from the fuse box inside the car and huge amount of wires running to under your hood...that would be the harness you will need
below are the steps I took and everything works excellent for me.
1. make sure fuse box on insde of car is fully unplugged
2. remove said fuse box from inside car (you'll need it later)
3. after the inside fuse box is out make sure everything is unplugged from behind the dash for ex. cluster,hv.ac's,cd player etc
4. take the dash harness out as well and keep it with your new dash and the inner fuse box
5. remove drivers side tire
6. now on the drivers side wheel well you want to remove the inner plastic that protects dirt from running up into your car from the wheels
7. inside there you will find your wire harness that connects to the fuse box inside the car
8. after making sure everything is dissconnected from inside the car and unplugged...begin to pull the wire harness from the fender pulling everything out of the inside of the car threw your firewall(pull very carefully as to not cause any plugs to be ripped off)
9. once all the plugs are out, unbolt your fuse box from under the hood
10. remove fuse box from car
(be careful while doing this some wires still might be ran to options under your hood like headlights and or sensors) if this happens follow number 11 seeing as this happend to me!
11. if wires are running from your 94 under hood fuse box follow them to the end and unplug them but remember they have to be plugged back in to your 93 (i marked them with masking tap and a small word in marker)
12. once everything is pulled you will now have everything needed to complete your full 94 dash swap.
Hope this helps anybody out whos trying to do this swap it is very tricky and im sure there are many ways to do it but this is just an easier way then hard wiring it all.
Thanks
WhoaCarter

Post by WhoaCarter »

Installing the 94 dash and harness into your 93!
Just a basic step by step to putting in your new 1994 dash.
1. make sure everything is out of the 93 (hood fuse box,dash fuse box,old wire harness)
2. bolt down new 94 under hood fuse box
3. any extra plugs that run from new 94 fuse box to headlights etc etc plug all of them in before anything else
4. remove drivers side wheel yet again
5. now that your under hood fuse box is plugged in and all extra wires are plugged in like headlights sensors etc...begin to feed the plugs in back threw the wheel well and into the firewall bringing them all to the inside of your car.
6. now install the 1994 fuse box for the inside of the car and plugs your main 3 plugs in that come off the harness running from under the hood
7. now take 1994 dash wire harness and plug it into the fuse box on the inside of the car
8. now all your wires are ran and everything is ready to be plugged in, install your new 1994 dash and plug everything in and you will be good to go (make sure no fuses are burnt out lol)
Important! I was told I could keep my 1993 hv/ac controls for the 1994 swap WRONG! they do not fit they are too long and look terribile in the car before doing this swap look for the 1994 push button hv/ac's they fit perfect of course and look a million times better lol!
Im sure Im missing some small steps that i did but this is just a basic crash course.
*I personally think the 1994 and up dash is the best looking dash for the mx3 in the next post below ill post 2 pics one of what my dash used to look like and what it looks like now*
Thanks
WhoaCarter

Post by WhoaCarter »

When I first got the car!
All gutted
Just a mess
These are pics of the new dash, keep in mind it wasent finished yet Ill have newer pics soon
(dont use 93 hv/ac controls I learned the hard way and spent forever looking for 94's
WhoaCarter

Post by WhoaCarter »

WhoaCarter

Post by WhoaCarter »

WhoaCarter

Post by WhoaCarter »

please remove post
WhoaCarter