Rotary?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
projectzemx3

Re: Rotary?

Post by projectzemx3 »

someone i know has a 7mgte from a mark 3 in his mark 2 supra and hes making over 600 horse with it, ill admit he always seems to be working on it but if you knew the guy you'de see why hes always taking stuff apart.

and i know people swear by rotary, but really if it was a better design then a engine with pistons then it would be in every car. sure they are reliable up too x amount of miles, but they are known to blow apex seals like its nobody's business. and apex seals aernt exactly a ten minute job to replace. that alone is enough to turn me away from rotary engines, not counting how they burn oil or the low torque numbers.

now back on topic:

a 2jze would be cool in a mx3 but im beginning to think that the inline six idea might be a tight squeeze in a little mx3 engine bay. what about a sr20 engine? smaller, lighter, and the added bonus of the cheapness and availability of aftermarket parts to give one of those engines 700+ HP.

or better yet f--- it, lets cut the trunk away and put a v12 from a renault F1 car back there.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

they are very impressive (in a straight line). But are soo heavy and no where near as nimble as your RX. In an mx... I think you'd go through many sets of tires and one or two neck braces. Gotta say, I'm a fan of pretty much any inline engine. I don't want to trash the wankle, I just don't know nearly enough about them. Lots of potential, light and few moving parts.
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

With a decently priced water injection system even the TT 13B-REW is unbelievably reliable. I know of a few guys making 550+whp that track the cars all spring, summer, and fall and they are far more reliable than any piston motor. One guy had the same motor for 5 hard driven years of track racing and for curiosity reasons just opened up his motor to see what kind of wear it had after all those years and 60,000 miles of strictly track use. He found that the motor had zero carbon deposits (the main killer of rotaries) and .0001 inch of wear in the housings. Not bad at all.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
boosted_bullet

Post by boosted_bullet »

maybe 1jz swap?? :shrug:
i belive there cheaper then the 2jz and smaller (better fit?)
the 1jz is 2.5L correct? (same as kl)
differece is inline opposed to v configuration and rwd :shrug:

8) :D
chicks dig the rice!

-bullet

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”