Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 2013 in review

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
IMACHU2

Re: Mooneggs - 1992 mx-3 gs "fast car"

Post by IMACHU2 »

Very nice MX-3's and my both in my favorite color! I will need to borrow the Testers transparent paint idea for all red 323 tail lights!
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Mooneggs - 1992 mx-3 gs "daily driver" IP

Post by Mooneggs »

updated first post with up to date info as well as changed the title from "fast car" to "daily driver" IP

I'm still struggling with distributor issues (I think)... hopefully the 7 nipple disti and new msd wire will solve the issues!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

he's how it sits today until I can put the disti in... (got the wiring last night!)

IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

Very Nice :D
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

Dude the d driver looks soo much better with the what are they 17s? on it..Wish mine looked as good as the red one did.. Wouldn't have to worry about getting a paint job and a a-- load of body work done after the motor work is done..
I think mine was abused quite a bit before I got it... Not meaning to get off subject here but how long did it take for you to get your motors??? I ordered mine from Noyan USA here in Va today will be a month ago and still haven't got it yet have called and called and it's the same old song and dance( I've got a crate comming in and I'll be sending yourse out soon I have your number and I'll call you when it's been shipped) I've been told that 3 times already and have heard nothing just wondering if maybe in some of your searches you've found someone who has delt with these people before and how long it took them..

P.S. Nice write up BTW..
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

not sure about how long it should take... I bought my first klze as a crate motor and I think it took a couple of weeks... it's been so long haha my second klze I bought from a member so no issues there :D

Anyways... the update is that I am a FREAKING SLACKER LAZYPERSON... haha
I have yet to really attempt to get this car running LOL... thanks to fowljesse and stereoking15 for coming over and helping me get it ready... dana helped me swap the TB and get the wiring setup... jesse helped me with the HEI wire and gave me some damprid to fix the internal window fogging problem :oops:

literally all I need to do is put my CAI on and start it up... sigh... maybe this weekend... maybe lol
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

Mooneggs wrote:not sure about how long it should take... I bought my first klze as a crate motor and I think it took a couple of weeks... it's been so long haha my second klze I bought from a member so no issues there :D

Anyways... the update is that I am a FREAKING SLACKER LAZYPERSON... haha
I have yet to really attempt to get this car running LOL... thanks to fowljesse and stereoking15 for coming over and helping me get it ready... dana helped me swap the TB and get the wiring setup... jesse helped me with the HEI wire and gave me some damprid to fix the internal window fogging problem :oops:

literally all I need to do is put my CAI on and start it up... sigh... maybe this weekend... maybe lol
Damn dude I would've already been playing with that thing.. Crate? Forgive my ignorance but isn't that a brand new one??? If so how the hell did you manage that??? As far as mine goes it's really starting to piss me off waiting on them to send it...
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

no crate as in a used one... maybe I used the wrong term... but it came on a pallet lol... it did have super low miles though :D

SOooo when I got home I was super motivated. I took the CAI and other things from the race car and slapped them on the DD... I started it up and it fired right up - which made me excited... I haven't started the thing in like 3 months :roll:

anyways I let it run for about 10 minutes (or whenver it fully warmed up) and I still have the same problem... but I believe the problem is some type of vacuum leak almost like it's coming out of the top notch on the IM right behind the TB that connects to the PCV valve... hmmm maybe a microscopic crack?

I noticed I need a new gasket for the ze TB I replaced with the bored out k8 TB (which is going on the race car:D). sooo I know I can make gaskets but instead I ordered another set of pheno spacers (I've been wanting to get a set for this car for a while now so I have an excuse now)...

so yeah more troubleshooting this weekend - maybe the spacers will arrive by saturday....
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

well while my car has been in it's paralyzed state somebody decided to take my a-pillar with gauges and shift lite... sad day in mooneggsland :crying:

Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

I would cut their hands off!!!!! Stupid people. :(
MX-3 V6 1993 | Black | EU-spec | K819
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

That's B******* man and not to mention really f***** up!! :evil: Any Idea of who would do such a thing?? Probally one of the honda boys you smoked and they thought that ripping off your gaudges and putting them in their car would give it some of that Mazda power!! LOL!! On a serious note I hope you find who did it and remember an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth and a little extra for the pain and incoveince.. So a swift kick to the head will do..
GS-ZE,fidanza fly/ 6 puck ceramic clutch,pacesetter headers/exhaust, AWR 88duro motormounts, P.R.M jetstream CAI,KYB GR-2 struts, KL31 ECU,JE-50VAF,110A Mellenia alt. S.S Corksport Clutch line.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

HOLY HELL I WANT THOSE FLOOR MATS. Where did you find those??
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Probably Ebay.. :)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

yeah those floormats are sick! I had never seen anything like them :love: and yes ebay and yes I paid a ridiculous amount for them (but they are mint)... sigh the price I pay for an international mx-3

I also have an all black set of eunos mats for the other car
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

sooo... my tags expire the end of May and I have to pass emissions so I was forced to get this car running... and I did! I'm still unsure exactly what the issue is/was. I was able to drive it a few miles and the issue only occured once. Since I replaced everything below I'm inclined to think it is fuelpump/fpr related. There's really nothing else unless it is bad wiring somewhere...

Replaced:
spark plugs - iridium
wires - 8.5mm MSD
disti - changed to 7 nipple
coil - new blaster2
module
fuel filter
battery
new CAI/different vaf
air filter

I also swapped in the drivers side LHD lense... unforunately in my haste I broke the LHD passenger side lense so I just used the RHD drivers side... I will lose some peripheals but it should be ok.

Here's some pics... built another CAI out of spare parts 8)

mx-3 sandwich :lol:

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”