Show me your wheels...

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
solo_ryder

Re: Show me your wheels...

Post by solo_ryder »

Colin, sick RIAAAMMS
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Thanx man there new just got em 2 weeks ago! I was gonna go 18's.... but they look silly! These are similar to my old ones but are so much nicer and no curb rash!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

96mx-3 wrote:these are mineee

Would those be SSR Comp-C's?

*edit* oh .. maybe not .. look quite similar though.

^ mine :) Good taste!
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
96mx-3

Post by 96mx-3 »

lol ..they are RTX something lol ... my dad actually picked them up.. and i havent looked into it..

* RTX igniter
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

They look very similar to Rota Boost that I have, but slightly different spoke width/taper.

AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I want these :(

14.6 lbs for a 17x7
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Those are nice. Nicest ones I think I've seen yet. I'll take a set of those in a dark Carbon Grey or similar. What are they?
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Konig Daylite
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

16x7 heliums are only $185CDN each at 1010tire.com.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

This probably won't be very useful, but still some info for those who want it. I'm not a big fan of large rims and usually go for function/performance over looks, so I mainly got my two sets for the quality build and light weight. I've raced with both, on rough circuits, and they held up well. Started with the SSRs, but later got a wider, track-dedicated set of 949 Racing 6ULs, which are good quality and nicely priced ($140 a wheel IRC), very lightweight racing wheels engineered for Miatas, but are a perfect fit for the MX-3.

15x6.5 SSR Type X with +42 offset I think. Semi-solid forge, so light and strong. About 11lbs. Classic wheels, kind of rare these days (unless you get the Rota knock-offs). Good handling, though. Have a lot of lip, so they take wider tires rather well, and keep them on the ground. Due to high offset I used 5mm spacers. Easy to clean - only 4 spokes. :)

15x7.5 949 Racing 6UL with I believe +35 offset. Cast, but still strong because of good design. Also about 11lbs. Cheap, disposable, but still great looking wheels. Perfect for racing. Great handling on these, especially with 225 rubber. Have dual valves, too, in case you need to do a nitrogen purge.
SSR Mx-3

Post by SSR Mx-3 »

nightfire wrote:
96mx-3 wrote:these are mineee

Would those be SSR Comp-C's?

*edit* oh .. maybe not .. look quite similar though.

^ mine :) Good taste!

Speaking of SSR's:

SSR Mx-3: Custom CAI, custom 2.25 Magnaflow Exhaust (high-flow cat, resonator, & muffler), Genie 4-1 Header, Tokico Blue Struts, H&R Lowering Springs, Corksport front and rear Strut Bars, SSR Competition Wheels (11 lbs), Corksport Short-Shifter, KVR Slotted Front Rotors w/ KVR Carbon FIber Break Pads.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 RS

"God cannot give us happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing."- C.S. Lewis
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Nice... :) I always wondered what it would look like in silver.
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Those 949's are sick Whisper. They are one of the hottest wheels for those in the cheaper racing budget right now. They are also just about to come out with the newer version of that wheel. REally nice looking and some of the Miata guys are able to run a 8 to 8.5" wheel. With some spacers I would bet, but still that is alot of rubber for that size car. I don't know if you can fit that width under the MX without some pretty big spacers, but we at MOCA were talking about getting a set to try on the Auto-X car. I really like the look of them too.
Ps- could we get an admin to resize some of the pics on this page and would members please not post such hug pics... it really makes the post hard to work with.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

I'm running 5mm spacers, just to be on the safe side, but they clear even without them. Wish they had a bit smaller offset, honestly, but it's not bad. I don't know about 8.5", but I think 8" would clear fine with 5mm spacers, as long as you keep the rubber at 225.

If you want, I can throw the wheels on and measure. Probably won't be until next month, since my suspension is all pulled apart atm.
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

I guess I will share too...

Here is an upclose shot of the passenger rear; Fittipaldi avus+, 16x7.5 These rims have been on my mx-3 since 2001 or so. :lol:

I am unsure yet, but I may go with these :shrug:
Gold 5-spoke Sportmax (xxr) 17x7

any thoughts?
:D
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”