Spyder/ carpart4u write-up NOW with HID!

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
solo_ryder

Re: Spyder/ carpart4u write-up NOW with HID!

Post by solo_ryder »

4300k FTW.

Post up some cutoff pics tonight and the beam dispersment. I wanna see what these bad boys can do
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I agree, I would get my own 4300k HID kit, but I want to see how bright they are first...Im thinking I would do low first, and possibly a high later.
ray carpart4u

Post by ray carpart4u »

once again , thanks Jesse for the hard work, i am still contacting Jeff but did not heard a reply yet, are there any other mods that i contact with? Please advice. thanks
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

No problem, Ray :)
I'll put up pictures tonight in the comparison thread, taken in the exact same spots, at the same time of night (if it's clear out).
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Hey jesse, when you use your highbeams, do your low-beams turn off? Because they shouldn't. I think the other set on ebay has a relay on them which makes it easier to do a HID conversion to, but getting a relay to fix this problem isn't too hard either...
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I..
don't know :|
I'll look tonight.
When you say it has a relay to make the conversion easier, what do you mean? The only thing I can think of to make it easier, would be a couple of tabs for the wires to connect to. Once I got over my electrophobia, and just wired them in, it was really easy.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

There is a relay that leaves the low-beams on when you click the high beams on. So I was wondering if anything on these lights matched that.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I know our cars do not have that stock, to get the low beams together you have to hold the lever down.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

That's what I was thinking. I forgot to use the brights last night :oops: but since they're wired like OEM, I'm pretty sure they don't go at the same time.
I haven't needed the brights yet, except to flash a guy who cut me off in a parking lot. I drive roads every night that have no light. If I were to turn my headlights off, it would be pitch black, and there has been rain, snow, and fog. Still, I haven't needed the brights. I am, however going to turn my old Civic halo projectors into fog lights, and mount them low.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

fowljesse wrote:That's what I was thinking. I forgot to use the brights last night :oops: but since they're wired like OEM, I'm pretty sure they don't go at the same time.
I haven't needed the brights yet, except to flash a guy who cut me off in a parking lot. I drive roads every night that have no light. If I were to turn my headlights off, it would be pitch black, and there has been rain, snow, and fog. Still, I haven't needed the brights. I am, however going to turn my old Civic halo projectors into fog lights, and mount them low.
can you just go out to your car, start it up, turn the headlights on, click the high-beams on, and go to the front of the car to see if the low-beams stay on? The reason I ask is because if the low-beams turn off, that means your ballast is going to be cycling on and off every time you turn your highs on, which means your HID ballasts will break a lot quicker than they should.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

They don't run at the same time. When I turn on the brights, the HIDs shut off. Mooneggs explained all that to me about the ballasts. I guess we'd have to wire them seperately, and cut out whatever it is that makes them do that. I don't ever use the high beams, so I'm not as concerned.
BUt if someone figures out haw to have the HID not turn off when the highs are on, I'll do that mod.
mrmike420
Supporting Member

Post by mrmike420 »

Would you be able to install other bulbs with this kit? Such as a Philips D2S xenon bulb?
~FUeGo~
92 MX-3 GS, 5spd, Black Metallic, Tokico ZX2 Struts, Eibach Springs, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's, K&N A/F, Suzuka S/S Brake Lines, KGS Dual Tip Muffler, Dynamat Extreme Trunk Kit
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

any xenon bulbs should work
andrewlcraft

Post by andrewlcraft »

mrmike420 wrote:Would you be able to install other bulbs with this kit? Such as a Philips D2S xenon bulb?
Not an OEM D2S bulb, no. These use an H1 bulb, I believe, so you have to use an HID kit with rebased bulbs to fit the projector. These are halogen projectors that you are putting an HID kit into, and are therefore limited to rebased kit bulbs.
mrmike420
Supporting Member

Post by mrmike420 »

makes sense... thx!
~FUeGo~
92 MX-3 GS, 5spd, Black Metallic, Tokico ZX2 Struts, Eibach Springs, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's, K&N A/F, Suzuka S/S Brake Lines, KGS Dual Tip Muffler, Dynamat Extreme Trunk Kit

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”