Offical Spyder MX3 Halo Projector headlight (Black / Chrome)

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
SCHIMMLE

Re: Offical Spyder MX3 Halo Projector headlight (Black / Chrome)

Post by SCHIMMLE »

YES...KEEP IT GOING GUYS.
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

ray carpart4u wrote:
marcdh wrote:Ray, do you think the adjustment screws would allow these to work for RHD cars? There's an interest in UK-mx3 but we can't go around blinding people if they are very biased to LDH cars.
I think it will work but it really depends on how the UK MX3s are made, some cars made in different angle that is not as bad as the others. We would need one of the UK member to test it out and make sure.
nightfire wrote:
rece wrote:ray check your PM, there are some canadians that want your product, but if you are not able to ship USPS (to save on brokerage and fees) i think you will loose at least the 4 that I know of
Uhoh, wait. Not USPS? Please don't say UPS. Those people are awful and defraud Canadians out of $42 each time they ship a package..
As i talked to rece, all the fees such as brokerage and duty/taxes fees are included in the extra 30 dollars shipped to Canada. I did not charge more to make profit and i am just charging the way that UPS charges. quoted USPS that the shipping price will be higher due to the weight of the product. Let me know if you have more questions. thanks

-Ray
If it was UPS standard they will definitely charge... but some of the higher shipping rates (ie. expedited/airmail) "include" the extortion fee.

Were you planning to ship UPS standard or one of the higher levels?
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

is customs charged to the shipper or to the recepient?

That's the million dollar question
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

recipient, unless its prepaid I believe. That's why the canadians don't want to pay, and I don't blame them until they get the answer!

It's not that group buys are bad, its just that this is only for 1 of the types of lights, and that they are available elsewhere for a somewhat similar price :shrug: It's just different than any other GB.

I'm tryin to find the $$ to get these, I am tryin to sell some parts to help make the decision easier. I am not a fan of the LEDs and have said so since the beginning, otherwise I'd have paid already.
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

SuperK wrote:is customs charged to the shipper or to the recepient?

It's not customs I'm talking about. Customs + tax has to be paid by the recipient no matter which carrier you use.

UPS has this additional extortion charge of $42, on top of customs and taxes. They call it a "brokerage" fee. If you refuse to pay it, they return your package to the sender and harass them.

It's fraudulent because UPS has no business relationship with the receiver, and neither the sender nor receiver are warned of the charge at the time of transaction. There's a class-action lawsuit ongoing at the moment.
- Gord
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

SuperK wrote:is customs charged to the shipper or to the recepient?

Duties and taxes are charged to the recepient.

UPS is a btroker and they charge their own broker fees. One nice alternative is using USPS/CPC to ship packages. Another option os to act as your own broker, but that means (if it arrives at CommOps in Mississauga), you have to personally show up at the location, sign a bunch of paperwork, and go to a seperate warehouse to pick it up.

Did you people not read the thing I posted on the customs topic? :P
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
Shades

Post by Shades »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:if this GB fails, I will be pulling names out of the original GI thread and outing you! How can you not have a couple bills? We had over 100 ppl say that they would buy, in the original spyder thread. Now we can't even get 15? I am losing faith in this community.

Feel free to out me, but I just got shafted on buying a tranny down in Seattle... $422CDN to buy, $391CDN to return it... on the same day, and it was only $330USD. Explain that to me... so I'm not going to put money down and have less returned to me, and the only ones we can blame is the banks for the stupid rules on exchange rates.

If you're at 14 peoples, you'll have my payment in the time that it takes me to click.
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
SCHIMMLE

Post by SCHIMMLE »

Wow dude thats harsh. What was wrong with the tranny? Thats a lot of cash to be out.
Shades

Post by Shades »

Nothing was wrong, I just wanted to pay in cash money but they charged my card already... so I thought it was 1:1 for buying/returning.
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
ray carpart4u

Post by ray carpart4u »

This is why i keep asking my shipping department and they told me that they will put down the custom( duty and taxes ) fees and brokerage fees thats prepaid by us since all the Canada order's value is the same. I would say if there are any extra charges when they arrived and send me the receipt, i will refund back the money that being charge by the shipping carrier. Let me know if you guys got any questions.

-Ray
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

ray carpart4u wrote:This is why i keep asking my shipping department and they told me that they will put down the custom( duty and taxes ) fees and brokerage fees thats prepaid by us since all the Canada order's value is the same. I would say if there are any extra charges when they arrived and send me the receipt, i will refund back the money that being charge by the shipping carrier. Let me know if you guys got any questions.

-Ray
Thanks Ray.

I suspect your shipping dept just went with the higher level shipping over UPS standard.. in which case they don't charge their brokerage fee. Which would be great. :)
- Gord
ray carpart4u

Post by ray carpart4u »

don't worry, i will take good care on this GB, i will do my best to make sure you guys save some more money.

-Ray
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Shades wrote:
RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:if this GB fails, I will be pulling names out of the original GI thread and outing you! How can you not have a couple bills? We had over 100 ppl say that they would buy, in the original spyder thread. Now we can't even get 15? I am losing faith in this community.

LOL I know its nuts! Jesse and I were talking about this yesterday....Money talks and BS walks.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I am sending my money now!

Lets get some more people!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yeah, when these hit the scene, people were signing up to be on here, just to say they'd do anything to get a set, and old members were begging for them. There's probably 300 replies altogether about these things, and we're struggling to get 15 people to buy them at a discount?!
Now Ray's spending more money for us, to be sure the Canadians can get them..

To whom it may concern:
If you said you want them, and don't buy them, you should be ashamed.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “Appearance”