[GI] Adjustable Cam Pulleys for K series/V6 engines

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
short4stuff

Re: [GI] Adjustable Cam Pulleys for K series/V6 engines

Post by short4stuff »

Just to let you know, still interested for sure...
Is their just going to be ten sets made?

Holy I did the conversion for 210gbp to cdn ... ouch
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Mooneggs wrote:
marcdh wrote:These pulleys will be considerably lighter too, which could help free out power, but again no proof or figures yet. I'd love to tell you yes these will help your application, but I can't say for sure, and I'm not one to lie or guess.
Sooo just thinking about this - I didn't realize they would be lighter... Is it possible that this could effect performance in a negative way? (the same reason I will never use an aftermarket UDP?)
UDP's aren't bad because they're lighter, they're bad because they don't have a harmonic balancer on them, but you do raise a good point.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

short4stuff wrote:Just to let you know, still interested for sure...

Should be 210 US$ If they were in GBP I wouldn't be in the GB :P
short4stuff

Post by short4stuff »

Thats good, I was scared.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

c'moooooooon group buy!!!!! im to anxious for this lol im gettin my engine built soo so i hope to have these by then! either way im still in 100%!!!!!!!!
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

short4stuff wrote:Just to let you know, still interested for sure...

:lol: Though to be honest 210GBP is still a good price, Leos modified oems cost more than that! But correct Solo it is indeed approx 210USD :)

Currently only 10 sets is correct. If we get to the stage where it looks like we need more that may be possible. We really need to get to the stage where this is approved so I can find out how many people are serious in the form of $30 deposits and colour selection. However we have 10 people on the seriously interested list, so in theory we are all catered for.
Mooneggs wrote: Sooo just thinking about this - I didn't realize they would be lighter... Is it possible that this could effect performance in a negative way? (the same reason I will never use an aftermarket UDP?)
Onlytrueromeo is correct. The issue with UDPs is the lack of harmonic balancer. These new pulleys will likely be of better balance than the OEMs. The fact that they will be lighter is not going to be an issue, only a good thing, by reducing the load on the bearings beside the pulleys. You can liken this losing of weight closer to a lightweight flywheel, safe, free-er reving, except less pronounced/noticeable of course.
fieromx3 wrote:c'moooooooon group buy!!!!! im to anxious for this lol im gettin my engine built soo so i hope to have these by then! either way im still in 100%!!!!!!!!
On the upside the deposit has been paid so we aren't really losing time, but we still have a lead time of 3-4 weeks. Great to have you on board, it's all in the hands of CDF now :)
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Dibs on black...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I'd like Blue please
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

ill take RED

i hope thats red ^ im not good with my colors... :s
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Cross

Post by Cross »

Not sure if I can still get in but I have cash to do so! Let me know I would like black! (Wish i had known about this on PT or MX6, I have not been here in ages lol.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

fieromx3 wrote:ill take RED

i hope thats red ^ im not good with my colors... :s
hahaha

Look To The Right
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

It has begun!
What a tasty pile of metal :D For now 10 sets shall be made. Those on the list already will get priority opportunity to buy a set in the event more than 10 sets are wanted. However if there are people left wanting these, I can see about doing another small run, I can't guarantee the same amazing price though. Exciting times! Hopefully Jeff will authorise the GB soon, and I can start taking the $30 deposits and people colour choice. Then we will know who's getting in on the run of 10 :)
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
View Worklog
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

I definatly want a set in black however I work in the oilfield and I am out of town alot. I am actually getting ready to leave as I type this so if I don't respond with the $30 payment right away its because I am out of town but I will get the payment sent asap.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Nice, these are gonna be sweet. So what kinda color options/choices are we looking at here? Can you provide us a list of colors for the inner metal and outer ring?
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

V8KOMX3 wrote:I definatly want a set in black however I work in the oilfield and I am out of town alot. I am actually getting ready to leave as I type this so if I don't respond with the $30 payment right away its because I am out of town but I will get the payment sent asap.
That's ok, I won't be too quick to write anyone off the list :)
solo_ryder wrote:Nice, these are gonna be sweet. So what kinda color options/choices are we looking at here? Can you provide us a list of colors for the inner metal and outer ring?
I know :D Currently the order is to have the toothed ring hardened, therefore becoming that charcoal/black colour seen in some of the example photos. I could enquire whether some can be left unhardened so they could be annodised, but cannot confirm at this stage. It may be a complication we should avoid, but I'm not saying no yet either. The choice for centre parts are:

BLUE
RED
SILVER
PURPLE
GOLD
BLACK
View Worklog

Return to “New Product Development”