[GI] CARBON FIBER HATCH BB

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: [GI] CARBON FIBER HATCH BB

Post by cjthor »

SmoothMX3 wrote:I'm glad this is almost over and you've 'almost' have your package in hand. I must say CJ, they've put you threw some &^$%!!! - Very suprisingly you never really lost your cool. If it were me, I would have stuck some C4 to some company's building. :lol:
Ive been in the customer service industry long enough to know getting pissed off gets you nowhere..
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Do you want to pick up the Markolon before then, or that morning?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

fowljesse wrote:Do you want to pick up the Markolon before then, or that morning?
prolly have to be that day. As soon as I know exactly when they are arriving we can then go get the glass.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Lets just hope that it didn't take this long because the box was shot to s---. :freak:
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Finally (without purolator or UPS's help) I found a tracking number for the new shippers and the box arrives tomorrow between 1 and 3...Freight collect!! Booo!!!
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Well I had to start an investigation on tracking Jesse's package with the Crossmember and Tie Bar since it pretty much got into the US than disappeared with no updates since the 20th of Jan. It was shipped with Canada Post & USPS, so ya...they're really having a hard time accepting shipments in the US
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

We got the hatches! They are just fine :D Mine had a small scratch on the underside, and the hood was rubbed a little.
We tried all day to bend the Poly. I'm going to find a place that has a huge oven to do it.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i wants pictures
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

fowljesse wrote:We got the hatches! They are just fine :D Mine had a small scratch on the underside, and the hood was rubbed a little.
We tried all day to bend the Poly. I'm going to find a place that has a huge oven to do it.
I thought about doing this myself using welders "heater blankets" on top of the polycarb overtop the OEM glass. See if you can get your hands on that, might save you time.

OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Can they get up to 225°?
I thought about something like that, but I'm afraid that if it were to get hot enough to bend, the surface might take the texture of anything pushing on it. When bending the slim visors, I tried using a shop towel, and it left an imprint, so I stopped using it.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Heating it up and sandwiching it between two glasses..somehow.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Cjthor, that won't get you a perfect fit. Since the glass has a thickness, the radius of the inside and outside of the glass will be different. They'll actually be reversed, with the outer radius of the bottom sandwich being the inner of the plexi, and the small inner of the top peice where it should be the larger outer one...
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Yes and no. The difference in radius will be insignificant. It can be dealt with when trimming it down to size.

Your right about leaving an imprint; I thought about that, perhaps you can use some sort of wax paper that won't burn or something between the glass and the heat blankets. I'm not sure what temps they reach though so that may be the limiting factor.
OSKY

Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

is it really that much cheaper than getting the lexan glass piece from mazda motorsports? Seems like a lot work when you can just pay 600...
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

If your only making one, then the $600 pricetag is worth it.

IT appears that it might be worth the investment if fowljesse plans on making several of these. I've been looking at the heater blankets and they do reach up to 400 deg F so it can do the job but they do cost $180 and you would need 2 or 3 balnkets to fully cover the area of the glass.

I would buy one if it came out as good as the slim visors.
OSKY

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”