Freon Air Intake

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Mr.mx-3

Re: Freon Air Intake

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

mazdax3speed wrote:that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard
there are plenty of people much smarter than you, working on cars for much longer....why do you think no one has ever done this before...because they just never thought of it?

even if you sprayed C02 on a sleeve on the intake manifold it woldn't make a noticable difference and would just be a waste of time.
Really and I suppose your one of'em huh?? get a co2 fire extinguisher and hold your bare hand,foot whatever under it while spraying it and if your lucky you won't need a trip to the hospital to be treated for frost bite.Mean while you want to blow a liquid with the consistancy of a thin oil straight down your in take (YEA REAL SMART) :2thumbsup:
(BUT HEY DON'T LISTEN TO ME I'M JUST A DUMBASS) :shrug:

Now the idea of using a cooling system to chill the air or cool it provided you could find or fabricate a condensor small enough to fit in the intake or make a housing to fit over it wouldn't be a bad idea but I really don't think the gains if any at all would justify going through all this unless you had nothing more to spend your money on and wanted something to look cool or complicated under your hood..
mazdax3speed

Post by mazdax3speed »

Mr.mx-3 wrote: I really don't think the gains if any at all would justify going through all this unless you had nothing more to spend your money on and wanted something to look cool or complicated under your hood..
mazdax3speed wrote:it wouldn't make a noticeable difference and would just be a waste of time.
I feel like we just said the same thing? I never said anything about wanting to spray "a liquid with the consistancy of a thin oil straight down your in take" i actually said quite the opposite. I never suggested anybody spray anything into or even onto their intake. Maybe you have me confused with the person who made this thread?
Orange 95' BPT GT28r, MSII on the way
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

How did we go from NOS, to R12, to straight oxygen, to CO2, to flame retardants going straight into the intake?

:confused2:

For all that trouble, what makes NOS so bad? I'd consider MSnS, learning how to tune, upgrading the breathing, and trading the VAF for a MAP sensor.

Then again, if you are playing with a K8, maybe you should seek greater displacement.
Cody
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

LOL!!! yea things did get a lil off topic. But aspiring minds tend to wander off track sometimes.. Yes agreed the K8's displacement is pretty low..Still stuck with mine ordered everything for the car and almost everything has came in except the biggest part THE MOTOR.
GS-ZE,fidanza fly/ 6 puck ceramic clutch,pacesetter headers/exhaust, AWR 88duro motormounts, P.R.M jetstream CAI,KYB GR-2 struts, KL31 ECU,JE-50VAF,110A Mellenia alt. S.S Corksport Clutch line.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

heres a better idea, just shoot pure o2 directly into your car, it'll come out cold and it'll burn better...
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I thought we were over all this.
You CANNOT drastically increase your O2 intake without an increase in the fuel needed for a non destrustive air fuel mixture.
None of these ideas are good. Most will require stand alone ems and plenty of dyno time. Bad ideas are never in short supply
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

no we need to slam it with tons of o2, TONS...
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

and increase the plug gap AND remove the fpr to increase your fuel flow
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

o2 for god sakes man we need more!!!! lol I was just joking anyway...

Return to “Forced Induction”