Freon Air Intake

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
MX3-Life

Freon Air Intake

Post by MX3-Life »

I figure since this is kinda a cheap knock off from Nitrous Oxide i figure this section will do... But correct me if I'm wrong :)

My idea is to hook up a bottle of Freon to a delivery hose that will go directly to my cold air intake and when needed (Like Nitrous) I release the Freon to cool the air around the Cold Air Intake. I figure its cheaper and a little easier on my poor little engine (I believe.)

Any thoughts or criticism would be great.
Thanks.
SmoothMX3

Re: Freon Air Intake

Post by SmoothMX3 »

:2thumbsup:
Perfect Idea...

Also, While we're at it, lets put oil in the muffler. More lube, free'r flowing exhaust.
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

freon? Isnt that stuff illegal?
MX3-Life

Post by MX3-Life »

Well Canadian Tire sells it :lol:

I'm not talking about a major difference but for a small price of like $30 set-up... why not
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Isnt it poisonous?
MX3-Life

Post by MX3-Life »

Well it does make Holes in the Ozone Layer.
Dragyn Vyrus

Post by Dragyn Vyrus »

i think that it would work better if you were to get a co2 paintball tank, get everything you would need(asa, macro line, and a solenoid to control the spray onto the intake) with all that you could spray it directly on, or get some aluminum tubing coil it around the intake and put some holes in it to spray onto the intake for some added cold-ness while the coil will still be cold too and add to it(have the end of it open so that the excess can escape. that would be much much saver easier and over all better for everyone. and to refill will only cost you like $5 and should last you for a while.

More or less Cryo2(sp?) but for your intake
93 MX-3 ZE-GS - Sold
95 MX-3 RS - Bone stock winter car.
92 JDM turbo MR2 - SSQV, Cusco strut tower bar, ATS intercooler kit, Berk Exhuast, HKS EVC-S
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

im going to shake my head and say this is a poor/bad/wrong idea etc. just buy nitros if youre going to atempt anything like that.
1993 White gs klze.
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

lol dont use freon. That stuff is TERRIBLE for the environment. I'm not normally one to care much, but you'd be opening your own hole in the ozone layer spraying that all the time. haha. Really though, nitrous will be way cheaper and give you the same effect, except a million times better. If your worried about your engine just run a small shot.
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

lol

"nos" - I luv saying that..

-Does not work just cuz it's cold. It increases the O2 level. It is used in conjunction with fuel to increase combustion. There is a product out there that has a similar concept... but it is to reduce heat soak. Nothing you do will give you any sort of gain. If you are looking to add a "boost" at the flip of a switch the only thing that will work is alt + F4.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

When I was young, and dumb(er), I inhaled Freon. You wouldn't want that to happen to you.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

You are better off making a sleve for your intake pipe and spraying CO2 into that.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

R22 R134a R407C R410A

are all non flammable.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

MX3-Life wrote:Well it does make Holes in the Ozone Layer.
You know EPA will put your butt on their most wanted list, buddy. If you want to try something why don't you make some kind of bath for your intake that will hold dry ice in it, that will work much better and won't deplete ozone layer. We already damaged earth way too much.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Would it be possible to route your A/C system into a tiny heat exchanger in your intake? like a 2.5x2.5" square? so it runs it quick through there before it gets to the cabin, or quickly after...

As I understand it, on a chemichal basis, for every unit of gasoline, eight units of oxygen are burned. When the temperature rises in the intake, air expands and less of everything makes in into the intake, as the particles are further apart. So why not just pump pure oxygen into the intake? Doesn't matter what temperature the oxygen is, as long as it is in excess in the reaction happening inside the chamber, you may even get some more power, as the O2 sensor will read rich, and give you some more fuel ;)
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback

Return to “Forced Induction”