Spyder/ carpart4u Headlights/ OEM comparison *NOW with HID!

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
nolig2278

Re: Spyder/ carpart4u Headlights/ OEM comparison

Post by nolig2278 »

so the pictures above are with the light bulbs that came with the lights for 198 shipped?
What kind of bulbs are in there?

I might just give it a shot and i can always switch to HID kit later, right?

I too want to know if it will be a pain to replace the bulbs or convert it later for when they burn out.
94 RS to BPT
2.5 FMIC
MicroSquirt
2.5 Exhaust
[url=https://gilon.levinsonltd.com/mx-3.html[/url]
andrewlcraft

Post by andrewlcraft »

I'm glad the halo's are white, but those LEDs look really blue! On the other style, it's less obvious that there are LEDs in teh housing, and I might go that route and just not use them. I've grown past wanting to get hassled by the police!
Goatcrapp

Post by Goatcrapp »

first thing i'm doing when i get mine is changing the LEDs to amber. I won't be hooking up the halos... too old for that lol.

What size LEDs are used, so i can order before hand?
andrewlcraft

Post by andrewlcraft »

Goatcrapp wrote:first thing i'm doing when i get mine is changing the LEDs to amber. I won't be hooking up the halos... too old for that lol.

What size LEDs are used, so i can order before hand?
Yeah, I wondered if that was a viable option. If it is, that would be the best solution. Do those halos just use an LED to light them up? Amber halos and matching LED's would be sweet.
andrewlcraft

Post by andrewlcraft »

Also:
fowljesse wrote:
Those are the lights that came in them. I haven't put in the HIDs, yet.
I need to know how to adjust them (something like 6 feet high on a wall 30 feet away, for example).
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/aim/aim.html

It's a bit of a long read, but well worth it. Definitely get 'em right once the HID's are in. What can seem fine with halogen's can be blinding with an HID kit.
colinf004

Post by colinf004 »

I am still and always will be down with Ray
Black lights with 6K HID's shipped will be approx $250 ???

oh and for the record those lights look SSSSIIIIIICCCCKKKKKK at night!!! just need to get some clear signal lights to match!!!
colinf004

Post by colinf004 »

and when and where is our group buy going to take place???
eyezpinned

Post by eyezpinned »

the group by is taking place as we speak. i just mentioned this post and got in on it. $198 shipped and they ship next tuesday or wednesday. i have 9004 hids in my car right now im gonna just by the h1 amp connectors/bulbs. you run the projector to cars wiring harness and the hid through the low beam socket. you just leave the high beam alone.
93 rs: tokico struts & eibach springs, 15' rota gt3s, cf hood & gas lid, 2.5' exhaust w high-flow cat, tranny cooler, reupholstered seats, custom black interior, chrome miata handles, momo wheel & ebrake, spyder black projector lights w hid, altezzas, clear corners/sides, eclipse 8454 hu, diamond hex components w/ 3-way add-on & an re se 15' powered by 300/2v2 & 500/1 jl slash amps, corksport mazdaspeed bumper, euro mini sideskirts, fresh paint
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

eyezpinned wrote:the group by is taking place as we speak. i just mentioned this post and got in on it. $198 shipped and they ship next tuesday or wednesday. i have 9004 hids in my car right now im gonna just by the h1 amp connectors/bulbs. you run the projector to cars wiring harness and the hid through the low beam socket. you just leave the high beam alone.
Really... cause there is no thread in the GB section... does this mean they are going behind MX-3.com's back and not paying them?
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
taylor_matt

Post by taylor_matt »

yeah, whats the dealio?
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

This is not the topic to be posting this in, lol. This is Jesse's post.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Zowie. I had to go out of town for the day, and there are alot of questions..
Here are some answers, in random order:
I didn't do the write-up yet, because my internet connection is freakishly slow, and uploading pictures is excruciating. I will do a write up before most of you read this.
There aren't pics of the wiring, etc.. for the afore-mentioned reason, and they will be in the write-up, even though it's so simple, It's almost a waste of time to write it out.
Here's a summary about the wiring: They plug in with the OEM plug. The LEDs have a "power", and "ground" wire, as do the halos. I wired all the "power" wires to the running lights wire for the turn signal. It is green and red. I wired the "ground"s to the ground coming from th high beams, since I'm going to put the HIDs in the lows.
The LEDs are large, but I don't know anything about LED sizes.
I plan on taking these apart at some point, but want to do longevity testing for a while (for moisture, etc..)

The LEDs don't look blue from a distance enough to make a difference, and are "drowned out" by the other lights. The LEDs are almost invisible when they're not on, as you can see in the pics, and I like that.
I agree, the halos are AWESOME. They are really bright (that's why I didn't get a good picture of them).
Sorry, I don't know what kind of bulbs are in them. If Ray doesn't answer that, I'll take one out, and read whatever identifiers are on it. Yes, they're the ones that were in them.

I don't know if the cut-off is right, and will read the link provided. I haven't been flashed, yet...

The conditions were not ideal, and I believe that it was reflection on the wall. I just wanted to get pics up right away, and Sarah hurt her wrist, so I took the pictures :? Fail(ish).
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

onlytrueromeo wrote:
There is glare because of the reflection from the water :D
I didn't think about that when I first saw the pictures, makes sense now! Light definitely looks brighter and less "yellow" but how much of an improvement is in on the road in your own eyes? Do you blind drivers?
The pictures don't do it real justice because the camera seemed to adjust to the light conditions, and exposed the OEM ones longer, making them look brighter. The visibility improvement is huge. The Projector lows are as bright as the OEM highs. The Projector highs are just slightly brighter, but light up EVERYTHING (left, right, 1/4 mile ahead..).
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Awesome. Can't wait to see the rest of the writeup!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

as for the legitimacy of a group buy, I'm only doing this , and subsequent write-up in good faith that it is sorted out between Ray, and Jeff. he unlocked the thread, so that to me, says there's communication. If I thought for a second that something was not legit, I'd say so, and not endorse these at all.
I assume he's waiting for me to post my findings before he posts a GB.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”