Spyder Halo Projector Headlights for Your Mx3! Coming Soon..

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)

What do you think bout the lights?

Yes I like the projectors!
33%
I like em, but I'd go with black insteada chrome..
59%
I like the idea, but not this design.
No votes
Yes, I like the general idea. I'll post more about my response below..
3%
No on the halos.
1%
No on the leds.
3%
Just say, "No."
1%

Total votes: 143

jrors
Supporting Member

Re: Spyder Halo Projector Headlights for Your Mx3! Coming Soon..

Post by jrors »

They'll sell like hotcakes, and for a long time.... even if they are priced at $400 a pop. No one else has came even this close to making this a mass production reality. And for the record, rest assured if we buy these headlights... just imagine other MX-ers on the road that drive by you... and will ask you, or at least wonder where the heck you got them from.
These guys are going to make a very healthy profit.
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

They're simply not worth more than $200 to me. I don't NEED them. I'd rather make my car faster, or handle better. If we work together as a market, we can define the final price. The only way to make a good deal, is to be prepared to not make it at all. I talked the salesman that I bought my MX-3 from down to half of what he was asking, because I was ready to walk away. I've done this hundreds of times, and with 5 figure business deals that I really actually needed.
If we all said "We'll pay $200 for these", they'll make more money than if they said "You'll pay $350", because they would LOSE a huge market of people who know how to stay calm, and are aware of value. If they ask $400, and you all pay it, good for you, and great for them. I'll just fab some Civic lights, and be happier, knowing the other $300 is going into engine upgrades.
Together we stand. Divided, you pay $100-$300 more than you need to.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

^^^I absolutely could not agree more. They will not get more than $200 of my money.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

well rear altezza lights sell as low as $46 for a pair. There are at least 3 manufacturers of these lights that I have came across, therefore it's proven still lucrative to make aftermarket lights for the mx3. Clearly the headlights are more intricate, with the necessity of correct beams etc so production and I'm sure R&D cost more. Anything seriously over $200 becomes quite hard to justify.

Here's a link to honda headlights made by spyder auto, selling at $204.75 I would like to think they aim for this pricepoint.

http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/199 ... yder_auto/
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Thanks for the link!
I would buy those right now, if they were MX-3. They look really good, and have turn signals.
Spyder, This is what I want!
http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/199 ... yder_auto/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I was going to order the Honda ones from that site. $200 seems fair to me as well.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
taylor_matt

Post by taylor_matt »

Yeah agree as well... I would not pay more than $200. Anymore than that and your better off working on the engine and handling.
spidy53red

Post by spidy53red »

It's your friendly Cali spider-man here to let you guy's know that everything is good with Spyder Auto and the lights are in production as was speak but.....it will be three months til we can buy them. So the ball is now rolling and are lights will be available soon. I can't wait!!
spidy53red

Post by spidy53red »

Also thanks to the following ppl for PM'ing me. It helped John see the high demand for these light's:

Jiggsaw
rekognize
SuperK
fowljesse
xxwhiteboyjim22xx
mx3optidrive
jbud1291
Ukrman
Jovian2k
Ryan
turbulence23
jrors
taylor_matt
Jutzi420
onlytrueromeo
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

But, Are they at the price we are willing to pay?
I don't understand how they can be have a price of say 500 bucks for our lights but 250 for civic lights. Yes there is probally more of a demand, but damn.
Any buisness man knows, in any buisness field... You can have an item thats 1000 bucks. You may sale 5 of that item because of the jacked up price. While the other guy is selling them for 500 bucks and they cant keep them in the stores. You all get me, I just suck as explaining things.

I honestly would never ever buy them if they are above 200 dollars. I just couldn't see paying that kind of money just for some projectors. sorry
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Who cares. If they want 500 and don't sell any they'll have to lower the price. I've got money, but I will not be stupid with it... I trust everyone else here will be the same. Jesse was right, we dictate the price through our sales.
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Hell If they dont and we can't or don't get them. We will just keep going the way we always have. No projectors. haha
We've made it without em before.
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

One hundred and four votes...

and no one has said, "No" in the polls.

Does that say nothing about demand? And that's simply on this forum board, not to mention the other hundreds of MX owners that prowl online and on ebay for parts for their mx-3's
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

And please remember. PLEASE remember, when you're fine tuning your design...

KISS

Keep it simple, silly.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

you said kiss and silly too close to each other, bro. :help:
hehe jk

Return to “Appearance”